RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want to know if Yamaha Europe will do the recall work In an 2004 imported bike or should I pay for it

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
What we learned in the USA from Yamaha USA is they will only provide warranty and recall when the bike is in the country/market where Yamaha sent it. So if that is the case then if your bike was imported into Portugal by Yamaha (or a licensed Yamaha dealer) then they should do the recall work. But the only way to know the status of your bike is to call Yamaha Europe and ask about the status of your bike in their system.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Trazydo,

My bike is a USA market bike, imported to the UK when new by an independant dealer (called a "gray import").

I bought it used, so I am it's second owner.
No recalls had been done BUT Yamaha UK still paid for recalls when I gave them the serial numbers.

As I understand it, Yamaha take rsponsibility for any outstanding recalls as a matter of safety & corperate responsibility (& public image), however & whenever you got the bike.

Hope that helps!

Andy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently bought a 2002 Warrior. It's a USA market bike that has found it's way to me here in Estonia through atleast one other country. It's a 15 year old bike that has been in Estonian registry for the past 6 years. So all in all it has had a colorful history.
Anyhow - I sent an e-mail to the local Yamaha dealer a few days ago asking about the recalls. They said that they had made an inquiry and that my bike is up for 3 recalls - fuel tank mount, TPS and pick-up coil.
So I quess it comes down to your local dealer and what contracts they have with Yamaha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I had the recall jobs done on friday. She starts much better now with the new TPS. I'm grateful for the recall information I got from this forum. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts