RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
I hear the delay in the 2004 deliverys was due to fixing the problems before shipment -- so pretty sure the 04's are not affected

·
Registered
144 Posts
so if the part was already created and available in the creation of the 2004 models it would have had to be available at least 4 months ago. wouldnt they have a surplus of the gears anticapating the amount of bikes they were going to put together for the next few years? If they do have a limited amount of gears right now and are using it to build new bikes versus fixing the ones they already sold seems messed up to me. customer service seems to take a backseat to more sales.
sorry but I am just wondering out loud.

aloha
garett

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mauiwarrior

...customer service seems to take a backseat to more sales.
sorry but I am just wondering out loud.

aloha
garett
It's what makes American Corporations the giants they are today.....sell, sell, SELL the sh*t first, worry about problems LATER....Remember: no sales = no customer service problems = no need for sales + service people.

Ain't it grand?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The recall impacts ALL Warriors produced between October 2001 and June 2003. Because manufacturers start tagging motorcycles with the new model year designation in the previous calendar year (eg. notice that your 2004 will have a mfg date of xx/2003), it is important to verify that your bike was manufactured AFTER July 2003. This is from the NHTSA notices sent in by Yamaha. Link to this info is:http://152.122.48.12/prepos/files/Artemis/Public/Recalls/2003/V/RCDNN-03V309-4503.pdf

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The '04 I was eyeballing was good to go. During this recall/wait process I was thinking of trading mine for this '04 on the floor - but didn't like the deal financially. They were going to give me $8500 for mine and the '04 was $12-something. Swap pipes, pay sales tax, too much hassle. - Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts