RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang...many of you know me, and have met me...so you know I am not an overly aggressive person. I haven't pulled the front wheel up, haven't left a rubber smiley face on my driveway, haven't cracked the 130, 120, or even the 110 club (topped at 108 so far)...I guess you can say that there are some things in my life that have made me take a more black and white approach to things.

THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!!

No offense to anyone, but I am alittle disappointed that many experienced riders are taking the approach of "I have 10,000 miles - if it aint broke, I aint fixin' it" For the newbies...(to the web site and to riding), I guess it's a mixed signal that were sending.

Think about it like this.... I have a 23 month old little girl that has been sleeping in her crib every night for nearly 2 years. No problems. If CALI called me tomorrow to say that they found a problem with the front rail guides, that over time they wear down and COULD potential collapse the crib and suffocate a child....Do you think I would even HESITATE to get it replaced/fixed??? NO FREAKING WAY!!!! None of you would hesitate. Do you deserve any less when it comes to your OWN safety?? You have friends and families....tell them about the recall, that it MIGHT be your bike or not...and then say, "but I don't care...I'm gonna ride right through it." And post their reactions here....

Don't mean to be preachy, but we lose too many comrades through natural causes and other peoples stupidity - please don't let it be yours that causes your loss.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
before this gets locked up, i've got to say that i feel the same way. there are alot of you that arent worried about it, and thats your own choice. but to me, in my eyes... its not a wise one. I'm one of those "live to ride" guys myself. but i have to LIVE to be able to ride. so for this... i will park it and wait. (WHICH F-KIN sucks) its not as if someof us are speculating that there MMIGHT be a problem. the manufacturer said..."ooops there IS a problem" and in their memmo they arent alowed to let a bike MOVE until this recall is done. also doesnt seem to be any progression of symptoms. looks like its just a sudden WHAMMO. i might be a lil more ho-hum about it if it was a turn signal recall, but something that has this type of possibilities.... i'm not willing to risk it. like sammy said, not preaching, so dont jump on me for MY OPINION, but sure would think about it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I hear what your saying and I'm getting mine done. Parts will take about 3 weeks to come in. But yeah, I'm still riding. I'm acctually jazzed about it since I'm getting some new pistons and it's time to do an oil change any ways. Not being Cavalier, just can't stand going through withdrawls.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm not riding right now anyway (it's been about zero..can you say frostbite?)so I'm waiting to see how everything goes for other people.....I'm tempted to just pull the thing apart myself and go whole hog on a big bore kit and undercut tranny gears anyway, maybe I can get the dealer to just give me the new parts....I was planning on doing a fat tire kit this year, but I could put the cash towards mondo horsepower instead!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well said! Life is too precious to gamble with. My wife and I lost our son at Christmas time in 1988. He was a victim of a cabin fire. We never had a chance to say God Bye and our lives have never been the same since. My Warrior is parked, the parts are on order, and I'll be the first to get my Warrior fixed at my Dealer. I feel good about getting this fixed.

If the dealer in your area is a problem, find another one. Just get the work done!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Take advantage of the non-riding season and get it fixed. If you ride, it appears tranmission will seize when down shifting so limit this activity. Be safe and move on. As all state in this dicussion, do the recall and limit riding until then. I am in the aircraft industry and manufacturing quality escapes do occur, fact of life whether you like or not. Only option is to solve the problem. I commend Yamaha for notifying the users so quickly. KSW.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I commend Yamaha also for initiating the recall, but who have they notified quickly? The only way to verify at this point is to either call them yourself or have your dealer call them and give them your VIN. I commend rswarrior.com for existing, and ensuring our constant stream of information on this. Thanks Carknee, Dark, Sang, and everyone else that has been contributing to this pool of information.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I'm going to have it done. I'm not parking the bike in the mean time, but I am trying to limit my riding and take care not to do any shifting mid-turn. I've been wanting to buy another sport-bike to supplement my need for speed anyway, so maybe I'll go ahead and do that now so I'll have less urge for the warrior. We'll see....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts