RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well where to begin , Last week I finally get the call the are ready to do my recall work, So I trailer it up to my dealer, Talk things over with my mechanic who I have the ultimate faith in. he's great and got massive skills, So week goes by I don't hear a thing, So I pop over to see them, it's a 65 mile pop, but I figure better to see them in person to see what's up, Anyway the mechanic meets me and he is surprised that the service manager hasn't called me yet, So he goes into well I did the transmission and installed your speed star kit and everything was fine until the test drive, I got about 4 miles out and it dropped the rear cylinder So I truck it back and check it out and you have a bad hi flow injector and ECU. Great I say. So now what? Well that's where we run into a problem, We looked with the help of Cindy at Yamaha and see tells us that the ECU and the injector set are back ordered until September 1st but we can get them after that over-nighted to us. So at this point, I've had my fill of Yamaha and the Warrior. So I go see the shop owner who sits me down and she says that we call her rep to see if she can work out a deal and get me some better trade in on something else. So she dials her Yamaha rep. Now at this point im still calm and cool. But what the rep says just freaks me out, All im wanting is a fair trade and he says “ quite frankly sir we don't want your bike and if we lose you as a customer so be it but im not going to authorize any extra trade in” So the owner speaks up and says, “we aren't asking for any EXTRA just fair market value for his bike which we will give if you buy back the defective speedstar kit” “Nope what would we do with a broken kit?” at this point I just lose it. So to make a already to painful story short, she hangs up and tries someone else who is gone for the week…great. Anyway after a few minutes she says, Do you like the bike? Yes I love it when I can ride it. So she calms me down a bit and says next week she will try Yamaha Canada and Yamaha Europe to see if she can find the parts. Or work out a trade of some kind. So if any one knows of a shop that may have an ECU and a injector set let me know. Over the last 10 years I've bought 14 new Yamaha's and I can tell you this is my last, Shame is I have a great Yamaha dealer that is a friend but when you have no support from the company that builds the **** thing, it just isnt worth the headache
SMZ

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
unfourtunatly things like that have happened. Its makeing me seriously consider just forgetting the recall work all together...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by Monstrddg

unfourtunatly things like that have happened. Its makeing me seriously consider just forgetting the recall work all together...

I wpuldnt blame you at all. Plus i wish i never would have ---

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thats just about as bad as the S$%^ that I've gone through. I'm sorry to say it, but after I sell this Yamaha, I will never mount one again because of this recall BS [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep.. Im looking at a new harley, night train in lava red I figure' hey if it has problems at least i can get parts for the **** thing. Oh well live and learn i guess...**** jap bikes any how [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
NightTrain is a Solid Choice....I considered the NightTrain well before the Warrior, but that all changed when I layed eyes on my Warrior....I went through the same S$%^ with my 99 FatBoy....I never got over 900 miles in 2 years due to leaking engine problems. Then after I went internal with Screaming Chicken internal modifications, it got even worse....**** HD kept leaking oil, quart at a time.......I finally gave up on her....just like a woman....you can only put up with so much bullS$%^.....the only difference between my HD and your Warrior is your Warrior ran fine before the Recall....my FatBoy "NEVER" ran fine...I would give your dealership a second go round with the Warrior.....have them replace the entire engine.....

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
If it's just the ECU and the injector nozzle, put the stock ones back in, bump it up with a PC111 and at least you'll have a ride.
This is my first Yamaha, the bike really impresses me but the company never has. Rode HD for 14 years, you won't see me back in that camp. The price and the attitiude you have to put up with to ride their LIFESTYLE MACINES is just to much. Not to mention that they are slugs.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Monstrddg

I already have Monstrddg.....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by Meatball

If it's just the ECU and the injector nozzle, put the stock ones back in, bump it up with a PC111 and at least you'll have a ride.
This is my first Yamaha, the bike really impresses me but the company never has. Rode HD for 14 years, you won't see me back in that camp. The price and the attitiude you have to put up with to ride their LIFESTYLE MACINES is just to much. Not to mention that they are slugs.
--- i thought of that but i figure i payed for the parts and damnit if this was a ford they wouldnt get thgis kind of pass, Could you imgine taking your new car into the dealer and him saying well it will be 5 months til your parts get here so you can use the car...**** no Yamaha can kiss my white ass

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

NightTrain is a Solid Choice....I considered the NightTrain well before the Warrior, but that all changed when I layed eyes on my Warrior....I went through the same S$%^ with my 99 FatBoy....I never got over 900 miles in 2 years due to leaking engine problems. Then after I went internal with Screaming Chicken internal modifications, it got even worse....**** HD kept leaking oil, quart at a time.......I finally gave up on her....just like a woman....you can only put up with so much bullS$%^.....the only difference between my HD and your Warrior is your Warrior ran fine before the Recall....my FatBoy "NEVER" ran fine...I would give your dealership a second go round with the Warrior.....have them replace the entire engine.....
---true but screamin eagle stuff is everywhere and the after market supports the bikes well. My dealership has until this friday to figure out a plan b, What chaps my ass is the fact that yamaha doesnt give a rats ass about customers, My dealer on the other hand is the bomb, Shame they dont sell harleys.. but after playing the parts game with them for eons for silly little parts, this was the last straw.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I will never buy another Yamaha bike or accessory again. I love my Warrior and can't think of another bike I would want. But as of now, the only accessories I will buy are from aftermarket vendors. Yamaha can kiss my a$$.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine's been in the shop for three weeks. I patient, so I checked on it last Friday. Both the engine and tranny where back together but no in the bike. So two work days later and I can only imagn the worse but will be patient and hope for the best. I think I would have rather ridden in fear than not at all. I've got some bad feelings about this recall thing. SMZ - Hope you get your problems resolved!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the good news is, Friday i get to meet with the east coast yamaha rep.. Poor ******* doesnt stand a chance.. anything anyone wants me to pass on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts