RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me I'm #42 in line for the recall work but they don't even have the parts yet. He said this is a good time to have perf. parts installed as the labor would be minimal. He quoted a special deal for dealers right now from Baron's on high comp gen z pistons for $350 and $50 to fit them. I'm curious has anyone done just pistons with stock cams and heads? I have the BAK, PCIII, and V&H pro pipe but I'm worried the piston change will just screw up a good thing if I don't do cams and valve springs and bigger injectors. Anyone have any experience with these type mods?

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Lots of people have done just high compression pistons and many more are about to. I'd be surprised if anybody is using the barrons genZ stuff, especially at 50 bucks more than the orient express stuff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I 'm just about sold on going with the OE hc pistons when I do the recall. I have the V&H pro pipe, Baron's BAK, plugged AIS, and PCIII. The map I'm using is a little lean now (popping on trailing throttle). Anyone running anything similar and if so what mapping problems did you encounter? Do I need a full custom map (I'd prefer not to spend the $$$)?
I got approx. 10% increases in HP and torque from the previous mods, any idea what I can expect from adding the pistons? If anyone has a map appropriate for this combination I'd like to hear from you.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Its your lucky day: Someone posted a map yesterday for pro pipe, barons bak and hc pistons, I think it was silverback or something - take a look in the maps to have section.

5-7hp from HC pistons + torque: I am having the same thing done with the recall and I'm sure loads of people are.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Celtic,
There are several maps for the setup you currently have (stock pistons) in the library section. One of them is mine. I think Darkstars is there also.
Try some out if your not happy with what you have.
Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts