RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a new friend, she rides an 02 and I asked her if the recalls were done, she's not sure so I told her to take it to the dealer and they can look at the VIN# and find out. She told me her Yamaha dealership said they wont touch her bike cuz it's over 10 years old....... nonsense right?

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's ridiculous, go to another one. I have an 02 and was able to get mine done last summer without issue. I called Yamaha and they got in touch with an authorized dealer of my choice and recalls completed without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Funny never thought about looking up my VIN till now and on the NHTSA site it says both of my recalls are incomplete. Now to see if I feel good about dropping my bike off at one of the Yami dealers.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It may have been completed. That site will is not completely accurate. I suggest to call Yami dealer to run your VIN to verify completeness of recall work instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
774 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Hey guys n gals, I go to NHTSA to check my 06 and this popped up, I guess I have to make calls to see who can do this around my area or can I rectify it myself?
Mine failed in my 06 around 10,000 miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Robb my also said incomplete but when I called the Yami dealer they ran my VIN and it had been done according to their computer system.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts