RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These VIN numbers and information were posted on the UK Virago Star Owners club site :
'The numbers below have been given by Yamaha UK today (23rd Jan) are genuine.
XV1700 Last four digits 1723 -- 7780
Also be aware Yamaha UK have said that they are NOT using the DVLA database to recall the bikes, they are using their own, which means..... If you own an import you will not receive a recall letter'

Ride Safe
Ghostdog

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm not sure if it would be any different between UK and US models, but the recall here is updated to ALL 02 & 03 models

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oly, I did as well, Phils down at Boscombe. Don't know how successful he is going to be, he talked as if he was trying to get yamaha to do the fix, although he says he has parts on order from yamaha.I'm to give him a call in a couple of weeks,.

Ride safe
Ghostdog

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Ghostdog, I bought my bike from Phils aswell (can't remember if we've had this conversation before). I gave him the name/number of a good Yamaha repair center in Reading, he said there aren't any decent Yamaha garages down there that would actually be capable of doing the work. I think he is trying to workout a backup plan in case he can't get the money from Yamaha i.e. he wants to find a good garage he can send all the engines/bikes to and get a job lot discounted price from someone - he told me he's got about 10 imported bikes that he needs to get sorted out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts