RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the recall work done and they were suppose to fix the gas tank but forgot so I bring it back in 2 weeks. My bike has a oil smell now is that normal after this work.....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The bike shouldn't smell of oil but I'm sure there is a load of the stuff hanging around that is just burning off. Or I suppose it would probably smell of oil until the rings have seated properly, give it a good thrashing once its warmed up!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine has been smelling burnt also. I figure all of the oil that
got slung around just burning off.
In addition me motto has made a clankin sound twice for no reason.
Calling yama delaer today as the first time I thought I may have heard things.
Today I was **** sure of it. Dag-nab-it... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had some oil smoking off some of the motor, but was gone in about 3 minutes. Might be you need to seat your new rings.

See this for info. http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
just a new motor smell when i first ran the bike, no burnt oil smell or blueish or whitish smoke. could the "clanking" sound be a little detonation, Rmg? i had a little at first

·
Registered
85 Posts
Torque, Do you mean the Warrior Burp from the can? The clanking is not the best description. It is more akin to the sound you get when you shoot a rock out from under a tire. I felt it yesterday under the seat but it originated from under the bike. I actually thought I popped a rock from the tire when it first happened... then it happened again on a clear up ramp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts