RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
The bike will stall if the TPS is bad (But will restart) and choke/spudder and probably die completely with the CPS

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
1. TPS= Throtle position sensor.. righ side of bike behind airbox. You will see that three wires plug into it..

2. CPS = Crank Position sensor. This one is serious and its Located inside of clutch housing on left side of bike.. Make sure when the recall is done they don't just cut the wires and splice it in. The recall is 13 steps and it requires a complete new wire harness.. Its all free to you so make sure they do it right!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
So I called my Yamma guy today, checking about 07 recalls. I give him my VIN and he says I have a CPS recall....thing is, the bike runs fine... Should I do it anyway??

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
well get your self a barnett clutch spring conversion kit, then schedule the recall and have them put the clutch spring in while the have it open.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
How many hours do they add for that??
My Dealer is at 85 an hour...quote:Originally posted by Dice

well get your self a barnett clutch spring conversion kit, then schedule the recall and have them put the clutch spring in while the have it open.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
BJMartin, make sure your recall has been done already. They should of done the recall before you drove the bike off the lot. I'm only saying that because the dealer i bought mine from did the recall work before i drove off the lot, but never sent in the paper work. I checked another yami dealer and they said the recall wasn't done. I brought the bike in to have the work done, they did it, only to find out it had been done from the dealer i bought it from. It wasted alot of my time. I had to make arrangements for rides, leaving work early to pick the bike up, etc. All for nothing. I would hate to see you go thur the same ordeal as i did.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So would you guys suggest when they do the CPS recall to put any upgrades in if I can? Will it cost me extra in labor to have them do it? I know nothing is wrong with my bike now but should I have them do the cps anyway?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts