RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading for weeks now and I'm proud to say I'll be picking up my new(to me) 2002 warrior. I have to say though, reading the forums about the recalls has me a bit concerned. The seller states all recalls have been addressed and is providing extensive service records. Should I worry that I've missed something that could get me jammed up on the road or hurt. Just a newbie needing guideance.

Proud new member from Dayton Ohio.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
congrats on your new bike and welcome to the forum. [8D] you can have a dealer check to make sure the recalls have been done or better yet just call yamaha. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome, to the best forum around,congrad's on your 02, i've got an 02 ,bought it on ebay and had never rode one, it look so good I just finally had to have one,,,when I rode it I was amazed at the way it handled...you love it...but it will literally drive you crazy doing mods on it,the addiction only get's worse from here on!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
This is THE best motorcycle forum, PERIOD! I can see mods on the way. Open up your wallet and welcome to the madness!

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome aboard. I too am a newbie to the site and I asked the very same question. As well as the answers that got posted I have found a wealth of information on the subject by searching the 4M's.
I spoke to Yamaha Uk, gave thm the VIN number. They were able to tell me when and by whom the work was undertaken and gave me info on all the recalls applicable to my bike. Armed with this I searched the 4M's again and I by looking at various photos posted I was able to varify that the parts had been fitted. It's worth spending some time checking your bike out, as I will give you peace of mind.
Hope you enjoy your new bike as much as I'm enjoying mine.
You won't find a better community of like minded owners anywhere else.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. A lot of us have 02 models and still love them. Just so you will know, the differneces are the 02 didn't have the adjustable rear shock. 02 and 03 have a different seat (1 piece). Once you get the bike, list what has been done to it and everyone here can point you in the direction you want to take on it.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Congrats and enjoy.Have the dealer check to make sure they were done.I havn't had the lat 2 done yet so dont wory.Have fun with your new beast.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i own a 2002 model have had four recalls done on the bike and after the tranny recall i beleive the bike is better than it was brand new it runs stronger and i did't take it as easy as with the first break in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am in the same boat I haven't had a chance to go to the stealership to check mine. I know the tranny recall has been done but not sure on the others.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts