RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sean, just an idea, on the zx6r forum they record the post counter a little different, only posts in the bike related forums get counted. On RSWARRIOR.COM that would mean that only posts in the warrior forums count towards your status. People still post in the general discussion forums, but it keeps people who are just trying to get more stars from putting up a lot of nonsense. It also gives a little more weight to the star rankings. If someone is a roadstar you know they have been helping people out and have a lot of info relating directly to the warrior.
I found this out cause on the zx site I was a Newbie for quite a while and was getting bummed, but after the moderator explained it to me I thought it was a really good idea. It really does cut down the clutter, but the occasional worthless thread still does get drug out /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
DTM
Good idea.... I agree...... a new topic, mod or response to a topic other than LOL or ROLMFAO, ditto what he said, etc....... those shouldn't count.... but how the **** would you control it?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it does not matter what you respond with, only posts and responses in the warrior forum ie: modifications, technical, racing, would count. Posts in the general discussion forums ie: general bike talk, anything goes, ride club, site help, would not count.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like this right here, this should not count. I could not even ride a motorcycle and post this thread. No offense audio.
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9897

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
That can be done... the testing forum doesnt bump up the count, I will think about it. Seems logical to me.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
****! How will I ever gonna get my Road Star Warrior count? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Sorry if this was spam... [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Rob Hughes

Poor Penzoil..

LMAO!!![B)]

Oops was that spam?[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

Bravo DTM, this is a great idea! I agree thoroughly with your premise; that your ranking should have more substance than just a huge post count. It makes the ranking more credible and your more likely to trust that person as a valuable resource for Warrior or motorcycle related info. Sorry to step on anybodys toes...
Ofcorse this may backfire and turn substantial forums into mindless dribble.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by Rob Hughes

Poor Penzoil..

Yeah, I tried not to mention names, poor guy

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
No names, but Check out the "Feedback on a Crazy idea" topic under Warrior forums / general discussion. This is what I'm referring to. I'd prefer to see this somewhere else, cause when I saw it there I thought it was Warrior related and opened it up.[V] If it were in the Anything goes forum I more than likely would have passed on it all together.[xx(]

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Do a search on "lol" and you'll get 90 pages of results. Could this be retroactive? Each "lol" reply gets two posting counts subtracted?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It amazes me that anyone would care what their "rating" was or that someone would feel it necessary to take action to stop other people from having an unjustified rating. Do people really look at ratings and use that to judge the worthiness of a person's posts? Someone could pop on here having more experience than most of the people here combined and start with a newbie rating. What difference does it make? Is it just a fun game to see who can have the highest rating? Do people feel that others are cheating if they post "LOL" in response to a joke? What about the people who take every opportunity to jump in and advertise about the service they offer? Is that cheating too?

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Chris, personally I could care less what my ranking is, if you want some of mine you can have 'em.(LOL!!!) I've been here a while and know who the good resources are, someone new may not. True half the fun here is reading all this crazy stuff, but after a while it gets old too. People have a right to participate however they want and that's fine. You may not look at rankings to judge someones credibity but with only 80 posts to your credit I still read yours cause you have many constructive viewpoints; such as this one here, but there are many with more posts than you that I choose to ignore. Heck, RDWarriors been here since the inception and his post count is pretty **** low, but when he posts something I'm sure to read it cause he doesn't waste time with BS. This works for other sites and DTM is just offering a different perspective. I don't read many peoples posts, not because their rankings are high/low but because I generally know who has little to offer above a simple LOL. At times that's all that can be said and that's ok too.

Initially I thought this was what the ranknigs were established for and post whores got spanked verbally on this site a few times, me included. My posts are generally from personal experience and hopefully offer some constructive viewpoints as well, topics I can't help on I just read and learn. Time to get off my high horse.... sorry for the rant. I'm done here.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I guess this means I am the biggest "SPAMMER" on this site since I have close to 4000 postings. I guess it is my own fault for getting involved in a pretty much useless topic as this thread. BTW, I am not offended, so please do not take it the wrong way. I Spam and I am Quilty, so "WHAT"![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote: but Check out the "Feedback on a Crazy idea" topic under Warrior forums / general discussion. This is what I'm referring to.

I agree, JP. Moving posts to their proper forum is something that Carknee, Darkstar and I spend A LOT of time doing. (and our post counts don't go up when we do it, either[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]) It's hard to find em all, though. With over 2400 members, people need to understand there is a reason for having multilple forums and not just post in General, cause they think it will be seen by more people. It doesn't matter which forum you put your new topic, it will still show up in the "active topics".

As far as post counts go, I could care less how many posts someone has. I stopped caring when I realized I couldn't keep up with Darkstar. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts