RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 458 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
UPDATE 11/4/2014

Update at this link: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/95-approved-group-buys/222353-reflash-ecu-performance-rev-limit-gains-interest-spring-2015-a-7.html#post3097546

Spoke with Ivan this morning and he asked me to let everyone know that there will be something coming for the Warrior in the Spring. He also asked that we PLEASE not contact him in the meantime. He is a member here and does monitor this thread, so if there is any information he wishes to pass along before then you will see it here.

Let's please have everyone's cooperation on this, as I for one am very excited about the prospect of this happening. Looking forward to Spring even more now!
:D

Since the Speedstar ECU is completely unavailable, would any members be interested in a group buy of a Reflash for our existing units? There would be performance gains as well as increased rev limit to take advantage of mods such as cams and HC pistons.

Don't know pricing yet but the one he does for the Raider runs $350 which is far less than the Speedstar unit sold for. Info about that unit here:

Ivan's Performance Products

UPDATE: It appears there is sufficient interest so Ivan MAY be willing to take on the project, BUT NOT BEFORE LATE FALL AT THE EARLIEST, so we are probably looking at early next year for the ability to actually order. Just want everyone to have reasonable expectations. PLEASE do not contact Ivan directly about this, updates will appear here. Please do continue to post if interested in buying when (and if) they do become available...

Oh, and a GIANT thank you to member LASTCHANCE for finding this guy!

The List of interested parties so far:

IN:

Myself
Lastchace
AZ Warrior
Yammyboy
Gilly
Scawein
Warrior Dude
110 Ultimate Warrior
MikeOlmt
Koffinupalung
Greg99a
NTR Sandman
MMFB
Combat Veteran
Stellmon
loganmn
commandc
soon2have1
flbluerunner
dwyleecoyote
rdubu
SuicideD45
boricuawarrior
Luc
ShamelessMT
Sirrad
Mark 1
JayEye
tjnoma

Maybe:

Steeda
Madtom
Bladerunnr
Rcoligan2
LeaderDuece
fdesa
Cintron513
4UTNV
Strife708
flyingdutchman
Hurd
bja72774
joshuaerdman
sc186

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
known about ivan for years he does FZ1 stuff also a place called ECU unleashed

·
Administrator
28,599 Posts
There's an old thread around here with the known parameter list from an early attempt at getting someone to hack the Warrior ECU. A couple years ago I was unable to find any interest on the 'net from hackers or sellers or tuners that I could find and ask and get a reply from. One said the market was too limited for the work required.

So bottom line, if there's someone out there who can do this so we can flash the ECU parameters to the extent needed then I'm 'in' all the way!

I assembled a quick PDF of the several bits of info I have from various sources. Not sure what would be helpful. I might have more.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Funny, Ive been thinking of selling my 2012 LS3 convertable Camaro and getting a Sonic RS and new ZX1400R for the high speed stuff. So I went on Ivans site yesterday to see whats availiable for the ZX to eliminate the factory speed limiter. I had four FZ1,s and had Ivans carb and fuel injected per parts from him. So if he wants to do a reflash on our Warriors IM IN!!!!. He knows his stuff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Funny, Ive been thinking of selling my 2012 LS3 convertable Camaro and getting a Sonic RS. For the tight turnes up here and new ZX1400R for the high speed stuff. So I went on Ivans site yesterday to see whats availiable for the ZX to eliminate the factory speed limiter. I had four FZ1,s and had Ivans carb and fuel injected per parts from him. So if he wants to do a reflash on our Warriors IM IN!!!!. He knows his stuff.I definitly am going to do the HC pistons and some head work this winter. So ill need ECU work any way.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, Lastchance has spoken to him and may be able to supply a bike for testing. Right now, just seeing if enough interest to justify his time. Looks like probably so.

I will keep updating as info becomes available in the first post here. How sweet would a near 6K redline and perofrmance to match be??????

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
You could put me in the "maybe" column.
I'd like to see what he can do with the spark curve. Don't care about the Redline.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
My only question, why hasn't this been done before? Is it more complicated to "crack" the Warrior ECU than we think?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I am IN.....

Stellmon....I would assume qty. Remember (good or bad, I think good) there are really not a lot of warriors.

If this could come together I think it would be great. I am so willing to pull my heads to install better springs and so on....hmmmmm....cams......oh yeah....

Thanks LASTCHANCE and Californiacruiser for moving on this....I am watching

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
List updated, thanks guys. And yes, from what I have read on his site it is a tremendous amount of work on his part. That said his reputation appears to be absolutely stellar so I am excited about this.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I am IN.....

Stellmon....I would assume qty. Remember (good or bad, I think good) there are really not a lot of warriors.

If this could come together I think it would be great. I am so willing to pull my heads to install better springs and so on....hmmmmm....cams......oh yeah....

Thanks LASTCHANCE and Californiacruiser for moving on this....I am watching
This is just my opinion, so take that for what it's worth. But considering that flashing the ECU gives you access to all the fueling changes you can get with a PCV (probably way more precision than the old PCIII), PLUS ignition timing, rev limit, etc... I have a hard time believing there hasn't been market demand for this product since the Warrior was released. If the ECU tuner has a map for your engine mods, you literally don't need the power commander. That's a lot of bang for your buck, and a company that unlocked that could corner a huge part of the market that otherwise would have bought another fuel tuner. There's a very large profit margin too, once you get past the licensing fees.

On another motorcycle forum, the ECU literally had to be x-rayed to figure the pins out in order to flash it since it couldn't be read from the exterior, but the flashing service was still released within a matter of months of the new motorcycles release. And I'm a believer in the product, don't get me wrong, I REALLY hope this works out so it's an option for me in a couple years. But I just wonder if we're missing something, or why did no one ever do this back in 2002? I guarantee we're not the first people to think about doing it. That's all :)

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Stellmon....you sound like me, a 0-255 thinker. Many shades of gray along the way and which is the right one is often hard to define.

The other side of the coin is that Ivan is one of the first to finally pick up the baton and run....who knows....I am excited if this can come together. It will add to my HC pistons...always a good thing and taking it apart is fun.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think maybe the lack of interest and demand, whether real or perceived, may have been due the previous availability of the Speedstar ECU. If you could buy the factory hop up, wouldn't they know best? Just my two cents, could be totally FOS.

But if you do some reading on Ivan's site, he seems to really know his stuff. I am thrilled to see where this can go...

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I think maybe the lack of interest and demand, whether real or perceived, may have been due the previous availability of the Speedstar ECU. If you could buy the factory hop up, wouldn't they know best? Just my two cents, could be totally FOS.

But if you do some reading on Ivan's site, he seems to really know his stuff. I am thrilled to see where this can go...
So with you on this Randy....

1 - 20 of 458 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.