RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
401 - 420 of 458 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
The Cobra reads acceleration at the crankshaft, and adjusts for the fastest possible. They say it samples 80 times per second, and I have found it to be extremely reliable and quick. Truly plug and play, no maps, no dyno tune, no need to change anything when you do additional mods.

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
The Warrior only connects to the fuel injectors. This means in the Warrior's case it cannot detect throttle movements directly so it infers throttle movement based on injector duration changes. It's genius and works well, and does indeed read acceleration at the crankshaft by virtue of its rpm-based programming AND the fact that Yamaha provided Cobra with proprietary ECU details for the Warrior.

Here's a thread, sort of a 'voyage of discovery' many of us here shared when these came to market: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/14-installed-warrior-modifications-accessories/179173-cobra-fi2000-powrpro-cvt-tuner.html

It's best to read the entire thread because things came together, then changed with a Cobra-factory-addition, and then came together again. The Cobra technical folks were very helpful along the way.

There's a ton of folks participating and that gives a wide range of thought processes, its a good read.

SO this is autotuning from rpms? What does it connect to? Im installing another one into my other bike and it connects to everything, 02 sensors, tps, cps...wires all over the place.

·
Registered
218 Posts
im in :)

what is the turn around time?

and i assume another dyno tune will need doing afterwards??

i have the full PR 110 kit with extras and custom map so will it be straight back to the tuner when i have it back??

thanks

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
Tattoo, the turn around has been fast. There's a post here in this thread containing the website to get the 'form' to order. You fill it out and send in your ECU and he will call you to discuss the bike in detail. Service is great. Plus he provides you with a power commander map to suit the ECU and your mods. Might not need another tune.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Tattoo, we have almost identical mods. Just curious about your last HP numbers on the dyno?
+1! I would love to see the before & after Dyno numbers from both of you guys!

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
It wouldn't be a accurate comparison. Australian dynos are a bit generous when it comes to hp numbers.

as long as each was on the same dyno, it would be fine...the "number" isnt what I'd be looking at, its the difference in before vs after. Besides, I expect the flash to be exactly what ivan already posted on ONE of these threads (im confused as to which now). The benefit is more in the ride-ability gains.

·
Registered
218 Posts
ill look for my print out over the weekend...

i think around 105 hp and 120 ft/lb

i did ask for a daily riding bike and not tuned for a w'end screamer.....

its a daily screamer :)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
as long as each was on the same dyno, it would be fine...the "number" isnt what I'd be looking at, its the difference in before vs after. Besides, I expect the flash to be exactly what ivan already posted on ONE of these threads (im confused as to which now). The benefit is more in the ride-ability gains.
My response was meant for 110ultimatewarrior who lives in ohio where tatoo lives in Australia

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guys from outside the USA only.

Use your mail system only please...
Private couriers (UPS & Fed-ex) charge a "customs brokerage fee" which I will be forced to pass on to you ($30-40.00)

This fee is nothing more than a charge for filling out a customs form for the package.

Thanks,

Ivan

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
My IVANISED ECU has returned home , on time just as Ivan said , took exactly 7 days also got a new PCV from him also

Going for install this weekend !

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Mine got out in the mail today, woot. Early birthday present for me :D

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Yeah baby......bike started right away. Came off idle much smoother than before.

I cannot ride right now, still healing the rotator cuff....bummer, 70 degrees and clear.

Great turnaround Ivan, thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
If anyone with big bore, heads and cams can get over to Ivans shop it would be great. Then he can get us guys with those mods a map to go with the ECU flash. He's just a little to far for me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very cool. I didn't see cams on your list of mods but you have quite a list so I'm sure you do. I've got my bike tore down for paint and my ECU comes back tomorrow so I won't be able to start bike. The map Ivan sent me will be a little off do to my mods. If he can get a bike like ours in he can nail it.

401 - 420 of 458 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.