RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
421 - 440 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Annnnnnnnnddd she's off, Ivan should have my ecu tomorrow. Still rain here for the next 2-3 days and then sunny by the weekend, perfect timing. Can't wait to join the club.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Harrison, shoot me a pm and let me know what you really think of the changes. I would love my throttle to be not so jumpy, but I really use
my engine to slow down A LOT, don't know if I would be too
happy to loose that feature of the stock ecu....

·
Registered
775 Posts
Loving the 1 day ecu service from Ivan, she is on her way back. Still looks like rain for tomorrow but I get it installed and fire it up in the garage lol.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Harrison, shoot me a pm and let me know what you really think of the changes. I would love my throttle to be not so jumpy, but I really use
my engine to slow down A LOT, don't know if I would be too
happy to loose that feature of the stock ecu....
+1 on this.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
All of you that are worried about the loss of engine braking and are asking for PMs should go over to the review thread and read multiple opinions: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/20-product-reviews/242714-ivans-reflash-ecu-reviews.html

My own opinion is that any loss in engine braking is more than made up for with awesome throttle response, more power and better drivability. I've put 500 miles on my bike since the reflash and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
All of you that are worried about the loss of engine braking and are asking for PMs should go over to the review thread and read multiple opinions: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/20-product-reviews/242714-ivans-reflash-ecu-reviews.html

My own opinion is that any loss in engine braking is more than made up for with awesome throttle response, more power and better drivability. I've put 500 miles on my bike since the reflash and I couldn't be happier.
I would agree. Lessened engine braking was a shock at first, but it's pretty great once you get used to it. Control / drive-ability is much improved, just got to use the brakes now ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm still not there yet on funds, but as soon as I can I'll be mailing mine off!

One thought/idea... I don't know if anybody on here uses a GoPro, it'd be cool to see a before and after ECU swap video in this thread. (I know typically audio is not transferred well in a video, but the back firing that we're all used to on D cell is definitely hard to hide.) Thanks again for what you do Ivan!! :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
Engine braking? Buy a diesel. Want amazing responsiveness? Buy an Ivan. You still get engine braking, its not like you let off and plow through intersections, its just WAYYYYYYYYYYY smoother.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
...the back firing that we're all used to on D cell is definitely hard to hide.) http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile

I have some gurgling and crackling sounds...and ocasionally a back fire, but rarely. I think a dyno tune to adjust fuel would be a big help with that...

I believe I have a camera set up im working on ( http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/18-anything-goes-well-almost/244674-you-tube-stabilization-compareson-video-htc-re-cam-test.html#post3137938 ) that eliminates wind buffeting, but still picks up engine sounds. I havent sent off my spare ECU just yet...but when I do, and since i'll have my original spare, I'll try to remember to do an immediate, same day/conditions ride with each for a video "before and after".

wait...I have a custom PCiiiMap im running now. If i send my spare to Ivan, I'll need to get it re tuned...?

so perhaps I cant do an immediate before and after...?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure if this is the place to ask or the original thread... please redirect me if I am wrong. [post moved by arizonawarrior]

I am interested in this reflash, but eventually still plan on going for a turbo build. Is that something I would be able to do in addition to this, or am I better off staying with the stock ECU? As of now I am leaning toward low boost with stock injectors... Thanks in advance

421 - 440 of 458 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.