RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 458 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I don't know how but I have 3 ss ecu's and 1 stock one. One of the ss units is still sealed in the factory packaging. I have Pack Rat syndrome and a bad memory. I can't remember how I got any of these with the exception of the one that came with the bike.

Gonna send one out to Ivan for a flash but haven't decided if I should send an ss or stock one.

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
I don't know how but I have 3 ss ecu's and 1 stock one. One of the ss units is still sealed in the factory packaging. I have Pack Rat syndrome and a bad memory. I can't remember how I got any of these with the exception of the one that came with the bike.

Gonna send one out to Ivan for a flash but haven't decided if I should send an ss or stock one.
I'd send the stock one..

·
Registered
687 Posts

I would also send in the stock one ... the speedstar ecu is more rare and therefore worth more $ than a stock unit so why mess with the ss when ya got a stock one to send in for a flash .....

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Guys... honestly... what value does the SS ecu have now?

I think its worth no more than any ecu.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

To the guys on this forum... Not every Warrior owner is on here and knows about the flash. On ebay or the like, the SS ECU has more value I would think.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts

I don't agree sorry. There are still guys out there who want the oem stage 1V pack and this would complete it. Saying that as soon as I do the changes to my bike that I'm planning, then Ivan's ecu reflash is the way I'm going.

Heff

·
Administrator
28,800 Posts
I've deleted my post here because it seems the conversation was not part of a larger conversation as it had appeared. It was my misunderstanding, nobody else's. I've communicated with the parties involved. One member quoted my post and from the scathing PM I received from him (which I probably deserved) it seems he will delete that too, his choice. I also PM'd my apology to all involved.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
a good question was asked by a couple of members, figured i would make it public since it makes sense. There's not much else to say about this. Probably it won't ever need to happen again. But i am as happy as most everyone else that a little bending brought great results for every member who has wanted one of these puppies.

--------------------------------------------------
pm sent ! W?????, btk572

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
A good question was asked by a couple of members, figured I would make it public since it makes sense. There's not much else to say about this. Probably it won't ever need to happen again. But I am as happy as most everyone else that a little bending brought great results for every member who has wanted one of these puppies.

--------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior
Hey there BTK and Christok,

I got a note from Sangathor. I agree it seems fair to fill you two in about why the Forum allowed Ivan some extra leeway inside the ECU reprogramming threads.

First, this isn't a friendship thing and literally everyone who participated in the ECU Group Buy and Product Review threads knows that. I don't know Ivan and I think you both know that but it bears mention.

This kind of ECU work takes months and in the past companies that looked at it failed and/or walked away. Still, over years many members expressed interest. When a member here found Ivan, it was quickly made clear he wasn't going to risk the cost unless there was a market. We bent a little. So a Group Buy thread was started and Ivan borrowed a bike from a member as a test platform to hold costs down, and he worked on it for months to get it right.

Along the way lots of questions simply needed to be answered by Ivan, the OP trying to do that just slowed the train. We discovered in this case there was simply no other way to make progress toward the goal. Thankfully we were able to bend a little for the cause.

Ivan became a member here for that sole purpose. He agreed to not promote or sell, but to strictly answer questions to save time. Happily he has been a man of his word. He also knows that once the Group Buy thread is closed then he needs to be a (corrected: Vendor) here to promote-sell.

Hope this helps explain why we bent a little in this unique situation. If we had not, I think members would have rioted!

I plan to post this PM in-topic since it makes sense to do so. Probably anyone who reads the threads will see the tracings. Even so, I'm sending it as a PM for you gents as a courtesy since it springs from your communications with Sangathor.

Hope it helps.

Mike

cc: forum

pm sent ! W?????, btk572

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
Well I guess on that note we call it a resounding success (with the normal bumps in the road) and call it a day. Thanks to everyone involved for your contributions, especially LastChance, RacerJim, and Ivan himself. Great project and was awesome to see it come to fruition.

·
Administrator
28,800 Posts
Thank you for your hard work bro, this thing came together in your Group Buy and you managed to do it all perfectly. I'm glad too, because you already know how often we've had members look into this over the years. You had the right help with RacerJim and LastChance (that loaner bike still amazes me) but you also carried the weight. Nice Job and Thank You!

Well I guess on that note we call it a resounding success (with the normal bumps in the road) and call it a day. Thanks to everyone involved for your contributions, especially LastChance, RacerJim, and Ivan himself. Great project and was awesome to see it come to fruition.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
Thanks to you too Mike for keeping it clean and allowing us the necessary wiggle room, appreciate it!

·
Administrator
28,800 Posts
7/30/2020 7:45 am PT (USA)

Adding Information from Ivan:

I spoke with Ivan ~7am PT (USA) this morning asking him about the current thinking with respect to the need for fuel managers on Warriors.

He said on stock bikes and bikes with intake mods and mid-length or longer exhausts, when installing Ivan's Warrior ECU Parameters Flash, a fuel manager does not appear to him to be needed based on his experiences.

He said his Warrior flash is the same as when it was developed. He also said that over time he has found that the Warrior can run fine with the flash and without a fuel manager unless you have a short (dump) exhaust or internal motor mods or turbocharger or supercharger.

He said if you want to dial-in your tune for peak performance then use a fuel manager. Or if your bike simply does not run right.

I promised Ivan I would post here so he could refer callers to this if helpful to him. Plus he might have more to add or clarify in his own words.

Hope this helps. I will add it into the companion thread for reviews:

441 - 458 of 458 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.