RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been trying to tackle a clutch change on my 07.

At this point, the clutch has been put back together, And the new bolts (broke one off the first go around, it’s been great) in the pressure plate have been torqued to spec. The last hurdle is getting the side cover back on the bike.

It seems like the cover is impeded by this clip on the shift rod (not sure what the actual name for this part is), because it sticks out further than the case, so the cover can't mate with it. Did I pull it out of wack getting the cover off initially? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
^^^
That's NOT your issue. The circlip on the shift shaft is OK!
You need to rotate the Clutch Pull Rod so that the Rack Teeth are facing toward the rear as shown below:
  • Front view of screw & flat washer after assembly. Note that the washers are centered in the opening of the pressure plate holes else they will bind-up causing erratic operation.
    View of 6-new Steel M6 x Gr 10.9 zinc plated screws (supplied in kit) and flat spacer washers that hold the GOLD Springs and pressure plate

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Engine gasket installed ready for assembly of case.
Some lithium grease on the engine case and the 2-dowel pins will facilitate the gasket for assembly.
Lube the clutch pull rod and pressure plate bearing with the Sta-Lube moly-graphite #SL3333 or Equiv!
"Clock the Pull Rod as shown in the photo with the rack teeth facing the rear"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Alan, thanks for the response. I’ve been clocking the push rod teeth toward the back of the bike, and I can feel it engaging with the pull lever on top of the cover. The cover seems to seats nicely everywhere but where the circlip is. The dowel rod on the left size even lodges itself in the cover.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Hey Alan, thanks for the response. I’ve been clocking the push rod teeth toward the back of the bike, and I can feel it engaging with the pull lever on top of the cover. The cover seems to seats nicely everywhere but where the circlip is. The dowel rod on the left size even lodges itself in the cover.
Suggest you follow my instructions and hang the cover gasket on the engine side (not the cover side) using some lithium grease or Equiv. I also included a flickr link of my R&R that shows all the details.
There are 2-hollow alignment chamfered dowel pins that should be resident on the engine side too.
The clutch pull lever should be removed from the pull lever shaft for the R&R but if not you can manipulate the lever (if not removed) or the pull lever shaft very slightly, CW/CCW, to help engage the clutch pull rod rack teeth to the pull lever shaft spur gear while applying pressure to the clutch cover. The cover should fit snuggly over the dowel pins as you engage the pull rod.
  • The enclosed jpeg photo from my flickr site (top RH corner) shows the circlip on the shift shaft in the same position as yours. It sits in a machined groove.
    • good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts