RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2004 warrior with 230 miles on it. Good shape, has Bub pipes but the dealer doesn't know whether it has the EFI mapped. Questions are:
1. Any reliability issues with the 04's?
2. Any issues other than the 02 transmission problems with Warriors?
Thanks in advance
Eric

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
1. If your looking for dependability. The Warrior should be near the top of your list.
2. There was the transmission recall which you seem to be aware of. There wa also a TPS recall. Yamaha will take care of them no charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by xharleyrdr

1. NO
2.Yes, You will go broke customizing it to your likeing/emoticons/emotion-1.gif
3. How much are they asking?

$8,400

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have an 04, I've put about 6 k on it in the two years I have owned it, going broke is no joke when it comes to moddin this beast. Never had an issue with it, normal maintenance, oil changes, tires etc... I love it!!

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Also might have an extra CPS sensor, since the wires tend to break.
Or have the dealer cover the wires on it with silicone to help prevent them from breaking.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just make sure that the TPS recall was done. If not then just bring it to any Yammy Dealer and have it done. It will cost you nothing. Other than that the Beast in one solid scoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appriciate the quick responses, I have worked at several Yamaha M/C dealerships(1976-1980)prior to entry in the Navy and several since while on shore duty. 3 more years and I'll have my 30 in and will have to get a real job /emoticons/emotion-1.gif
I currently have a Yamaha 1978 SR 500 Single and love the Yamaha brand, I need to get rid of my Hog 99 Suzuki LC 1500. Looking forward to a big bike that handles again.
Thanks Again

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
50k, ridden to sturgis and back (various side trips along the way) two up most of the time. Only time it hasn't gotten me home is when I've snapped belts.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I put 40k miles on it in just under 2 years and didn't have one single problem. One flat tire, and that was it. Other than that it was a complete rock solid bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts