RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished relocating the tach to my rear fender, one of the many mods I am doing this winter. I am assuming it is where the tool kit use to be. I cut the flap Cut the housing down to shrink it, then cut the fender to fit the inner part of the housing. Lined everything up in the fender but the cover on and trimed it to contour with the fender. The plastic plate I cut off the battery box, i took the ring that I cut off of the housing used it as a guide to drill holes for the screws. I got 2" Screws and put them in the back plate and screwed them into the front cover of the tach housing. That will seal it off from the water and protect it if it ever were to rub. After I finalize everything and paint the fender I will seal up and waterproof better. The wiring I extended about 12" and drilled through the fender oppisite of the rear wiring. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Is the purpose to clean up the tree area?? interesting idea, but I have too many plans to run lower and lower in the back......got to believe I would end up trashing it if I put it back there somewhere.....I'd prolly go out front?? down under/behind the mako chin spoiler or something.....nice work though!!!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I'm alittle confused as to why you would do this, i think the tach is a cool feature on these bikes. but if your going crazy custom legally you need the odometer. i give you credit i would never think of doing this.

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
Nice looking work and neat install with some excellent photos.

It's obvious you're not wasting any time with your mods .... joined Nov 2010 and 16 post ... you've got big cojones :cool: ... your handle 'Moto4play' suits you well :)

I still haven't wired my bars internally after nearly 7-yrs but i've changed them every year :eek:
Good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm alittle confused as to why you would do this, i think the tach is a cool feature on these bikes. but if your going crazy custom legally you need the odometer. i give you credit i would never think of doing this.

its not to do with legal issues, alot of bikes have no trip meters on them, i think you need the tach on these bikes to make it run right, maybe some one can chime in a shed some light.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-technical-discussion/151073-custom-questions.html

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Just when I think I have seen it all, along comes a new mod and one very well done!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The speedometer is staying where it is, I am drilling the wires through the top of the frame. Yes I am moving it to clean up the front end. I dont want to elimanate it because there are too many loops through the speedometer and dont want to not have an odometer on the bike. I thought about putting it under the tank where the coils are but it would be hard to tune not being able to see it when needed. With the computer and the power commander under the seat on top of the battery there isnt a whole lot of room. I am going to lower the rear on this bike too, it looks like I can still get a full two inches but might have to tighten the suspensin a little. It really does not go that far in to the wheel well. its not much lower then the plan Back at it in the morning!

·
Administrator
28,578 Posts
+1, "just when we feel we've seen it all . . ."
I like the positioning, and with the extra waterproofing to follow, and some care in rider seat selection, setting the ride height, and selecting tires, it seems like it would work out good. I ride by my tach more than by me speedo, and I like having the 'workings' of the machine out there, but in cases like this I have to say it's very cool, damned clever, and perfectly useable during tuning!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Moto4play ... Any plans for the Select & Reset Buttons on the Tach?
I thought about it, it would be easy to do but I really dont see a need for it. The wires are still there so would just have to find a button I like and mount next to it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the purpose to clean up the tree area?? interesting idea, but I have too many plans to run lower and lower in the back......got to believe I would end up trashing it if I put it back there somewhere.....I'd prolly go out front?? down under/behind the mako chin spoiler or something.....nice work though!!!

I thought about going out front but you still could not see it while riding and it would be harder to use when you are tunning the bike.

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
Moto4play ... Any plans for the Select & Reset Buttons on the Tach?
I thought about it, it would be easy to do but I really dont see a need for it. The wires are still there so would just have to find a button I like and mount next to it.
If you plan to enter into the Warrior Diagnostics available through the Tach you're going to need buttons for interfacing. I wasn't suggesting that they be mounted to the fender but i'm suggesting you make them available under the seat as have other builders... just my .02

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Outstanding job! I simply packaged mine in place of the tool kit. I like your idea MUCH better though. Can't wait to see the finished product! Keep us posted.

I'm alittle confused as to why you would do this, i think the tach is a cool feature on these bikes. but if your going crazy custom legally you need the odometer. .
The odometer is built in the tach so he's kept the odometer. ALSO... you have to keep the tach or the speedometer won't work.

Why would you put the tach on the rear fender?
Just to clean up the front end like this...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to clean up the front end like this...
[/QUOTE]

Man I need to learn how to post pics like that, looking at that picture makes me think I really need wheels! LOL
Front fender should be here Tomorrow!

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can post pics by using photobucket.com Just upload your pics there, then it gives you a link which you just copy and paste into your post. Super easy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts