RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 250 rebel. Its a step above a schwinn (I guess that depends, I'd rather be seen riding a schwinn)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Wow, talk about taking it slow to start.... Put some chrome training wheels on that sucker and it would be PIMP! Just kidding with ya, that's great news. My wife rides now as well and is still very much "taking it easy for now". I don't think this is one of those things anyone should rush so I just give her tips (not that I really have great advice) and let her gain confidence at her own pace. She loves the freeways and has tested the bikes limits already though so she's not a granny, she just needs more corner handling experience. Has your wife taken the MSF course? I highly recommend it for any rider that hasn't already!

·
Registered
861 Posts
auerrod said:
A 250 rebel. Its a step above a schwinn (I guess that depends, I'd rather be seen riding a schwinn)

I just sold my fiances 2002 Honda Rebel 250 and got her a shadow. She had it two or three years put like 5k on it and I sold it for $500.00 more than I paid for it. Awesome little bike that never loses its value(unless you buy brand new, then you may lose 1k). She did a few multi state trips on it with me, always rode 65mph or less, and she loved every minute of it. She cried when I sold it but loves her new shadow, and would never go back. Keep it until she is comfortable riding and get a bigger bike. Awesome, practical choice.

Nice upgrade

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She already went to the bike shop and decided on the V-Star Classic as her next one. She was having grand visions of getting herself a warrior but I told her to learn how to ride first. I don't know how I feel about her getting a warrior- half says cool and half says you wish.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
haha I hear that, my wife and I went looking around a while back and when she threw her foot over a Nightrod Special and a Meanstreak she swore they were both perfect for her. I was thinking to myself sarcastically "sure, why not. She can almost handle the V-Star 650... what's the worst that could happen?" lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts