RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got out in the garage and did the AIS removal procedure. What a nightmare. I used the instructions on red horses website. This procedure would have been almost impossible to do without the pictures. Barons gives you a list of typed instructions that might as well be written in in greek. There is a step in the procedure where you have to disconnect a vacuum line from the rear throttle body and plug it. Sounds simple right? Only problem is you can not get at it if you have the stock air box installed. I was about to remove the "coffin" but it just looked like too much effort for what I was trying to accomplish. All I had was a needle nose pliers that was just barely long enough to get halfway on the hose clamp. It took a lot of patience and about half an hour to complete this one step. But I got it done. The rest of the procedure was fairly simple using red horses photos.I'm just happy that I'll never have to do that again.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Today I got out in the garage and did the AIS removal procedure. What a nightmare. I used the instructions on red horses website. This procedure would have been almost impossible to do without the pictures. Barons gives you a list of typed instructions that might as well be written in in greek. There is a step in the procedure where you have to disconnect a vacuum line from the rear throttle body and plug it. Sounds simple right? Only problem is you can not get at it if you have the stock air box installed. I was about to remove the "coffin" but it just looked like too much effort for what I was trying to accomplish. All I had was a needle nose pliers that was just barely long enough to get halfway on the hose clamp. It took a lot of patience and about half an hour to complete this one step. But I got it done. The rest of the procedure was fairly simple using red horses photos.I'm just happy that I'll never have to do that again.

Thats why many folks do the VBAK at the same time.Glad you got it working. Did youstart it up to see how she's running?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts