RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chromed fork covers, and have the spacers for removing the turn signals but had heard from someone on here that if I did the voltage would be thrown off and I would have electrical problems. Anybody know anything different?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
if you remove the front blinkers the rear ones will have a faster flash rate and you'll have to shut the bike off by the key otherwise you'll be a victim of COD (click of death). i pulled mine off to install the chrome spacer then went wih a custom alanh style bracket that hangs off the pinch bolts on the lower tree and some custom chrome blinker from jp cycles, imo i would try to keep some type of running light/blinker on the bike, you have several options available with this type of mod

·
Registered
661 Posts
I removed my stock front running lights/turn signals and replaced them with LED's on my Brake and Clutch levers. I had to add 2 eclipze modules, 2 LEQ's, and a 12v Automotive relay to stop the click of death. Here's a pic. It works great. Very bright. They are dual purpose. Running light and turn signal in a single 10 bulb LED. You can mount them anywhere you like. I chose the levers.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
imevh2 said:
heard from someone on here that if I did the voltage would be thrown off and I would have electrical problems. Anybody know anything different?

I removed the signals (use my hands) and fell victim to the "Click of Death". Scared the **** out me, but like what southboundchicken stated, all you have to do is turn the bike on and off with the key instead of using the kill switch. I have had no electrical problems at all.

And once again Ruckus.... you have made me envious

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thats a pretty saaweet mod Ruck..leave it to you and all your spare time in the garage late at night with your Macgyver starter kit to come up with a classy mod like that. Not sure how it would look on chrome though...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Nice choice for location Ruckus! I put my LED strips right above the lower tree but even with heating them to pliable and the best 3M adhesive I'm having problems with them staying completely on and in shape. If those aren't in the way and the wires can't be seen that is by far the best location I've seen anyone use.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Marco Polo said:
Nice choice for location Ruckus! I put my LED strips right above the lower tree but even with heating them to pliable and the best 3M adhesive I'm having problems with them staying completely on and in shape. If those aren't in the way and the wires can't be seen that is by far the best location I've seen anyone use.
They stick fine and are not in the way at all. I sheathed the wires in black and zip tied them to the existing wires. Very stealthy. I looked at all options to mount them, but, in the end, wider apart is better IMHO. Sooooo, I found a place they fit...lol....bada bing! And thank you for your kind comment.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have turns mounted to the bottom of my fork legs.No running lights.I used an accessory light conected to the running light curcuit to satisfy the bike.No click.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts