RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, Im getting ready to install some tall risers and straight bar. I havnt really thought about the grips untill now. But can you tell me what I need to do about removing and re-installing them back on another set of bars. Through my years of experience, the throttle grip was always the easy side. But i wasnt sure about left side.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
While yo have not stated this I will assume that you are using your STOCK grips...

Yes, the Throttle side will be simple enough.... now the left side you will have to pop of the end cover but be careful because it's plastic not metal ...

Just pry it off and it should slide straight out.... now the rubber from the grip should be slightly glued to the handle bar itself...just pry it up a little and spay some WD40 with that little nifty straw that it comes with.... you might want to pry it up from both ends and spary....once you have lubed in there some... just grab the rubber grip and twist it (sort of like a throttle motion) and it should break loose and slide right off... some people have also pumped air and got the rubber grip loose that way too...

Once that comes off the rest is just basic....

To re-install.... the left side... just make sure you cleaned off all that WD40 if you used it to remove the grip... wash that rubber grip off GOOD is some soapy water so there is NO lube left and make sure its dry.... then spray some hair spray on the inside of the rubber grip and slide back on in ONE motion and just let it set for a minute or two and that should be enough... as long as surfaces are clean you might even get away without needing to use the hairs pray....

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
I used the air method. Just pull the end cap off and put the air hose end up under the edge of the rubber hit the button and pull on the grip. You may have to twist it some but it comes right off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts