RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I actually got the front wheel off, how... I don't know, but now I need to get the axl back in. It looks like a huge Allen Key socket that is needed. does anyone know what I am supposed to use for this re install of the axl?

·
Premium Member
8,876 Posts
If you don't know how you got it off then i suspect you're going to have a problem with this...LOL [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] :http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49221

Good Luck
quote:Originally posted by justin181

So, I actually got the front wheel off, how... I don't know, but now I need to get the axl back in. It looks like a huge Allen Key socket that is needed. does anyone know what I am supposed to use for this re install of the axl?

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Just do the exact opposite that you did to get it off. See how easy that was?

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
The back half of a sparkplug socket fits in there perfect, so does a 1/2 bolt with a couple of nuts on it. I've used both at different times.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

The back half of a sparkplug socket fits in there perfect, so does a 1/2 bolt with a couple of nuts on it. I've used both at different times.

Thanx

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
But the important question is.... how the heck did you get it off??!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

But the important question is.... how the heck did you get it off??!?!?!?!?

OK OK I did get it off. this is how. I pulled out both fork tubes (attached to the front wheel) at the same time. Then i pulled off the right tube, and used vice grips to unscrew the axl. I know a little barbaric but what can you do.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I popped into a metal fabricators and for a couple bucks , they cut me off a 2" piece of hexagonal steel rod ( 3/4" I believe ) and it fits right into a socket, then insert in axle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts