RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, now that I am going with MD Wrights integrated Taillight/Rear Turn signals, anybody got some good ideas for clean looking replacements for the bulbous units up front?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked out his mod and it is an option. Just looking for other possibilities before I decide.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yes, don't put them at all.
I tryed many different ones and for some reason they don't look good on the Warrior, This bike has very clean front end, that anything that you add will not look good, nothing personal, and here in Fl I can get away with that, the cups are not bad with cruisers.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i recently mounted some lockhart phillips flushmount 1's where the reflector used to be on the lower front fork, they're black with smoke lenses. used spiral wrap to cover the wires beside the brakelines. haven't posted any pictures yet, but they're fairly bright, and don't stick out on stems. haven't done any riding since the weather is bad, so i'm not sure if vibration will effect them. but, since the sockets are "spring loaded", i don't think they'll be a problem. i'm using this as a temporary set up until i figure out something better. if you look in the gallery, the signals that were on the back of my bike i moved to the front(just so you'll know what they look like). they're a dual filament bulb, 8/23w

·
Registered
42 Posts
check out the Kuryakayn site for the mirrors w/integrated LED turn signals. What I'm thinking of putting on myself and getting rid of the stock units entirely! Seems like it'd be pretty sweet... Espically with the MDWright LED's in the rear taillight. That's where I'm headed when some $'s become available.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i found a set of foot pegs with turn signals in them, but they were like $200, so i didn't look for long....

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
The MD WRight System is your stock rear brake light that has been converted into a intergrated rear turn/brake system. What happens when you use your blinkers half of the brake light will blink. When you are applying brakes only they will flash 3 times then go solid. So, if you brake and turn one half will blink in direction of turn and the other half will go solid.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
flashalert.com talk to Michael, let him know you are a forum member and he will give you a discount. Tell him I sent you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Kuryakyn mirrors with integrated turn signals are a definite viable option. I also found several small lights that mount to the fork tubes and are fairly compact (Fork Mount Side View Amber Marker Lights item 15-083)and ones that look like a "billh1943 under the bottom triple clamp design" (Doss Square Mini Marker Lights item 46-380) as well as some others.
The two above are the tops on my list right now. They are single filament designs but with the addition of Part #272235 Badlands, run-brake-turn module would allow you to use as them as both marker lights, and turn. All the above were found on www.jpcycles.com

·
Registered
579 Posts
I was looking for that but the warrior fork tubes were so big that I couldn't find one that would mount. If you found ones that will mount to the fork tubes please post the link.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The other idear I am thinking of is when the tac cover becomes avaiable is mounting some flush mount directionals with smoked lenses on each side of that if there is room. Kind of directionals built in to the cover.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't check the dia. the signals worked on versus what the Warrior is. What is the warrior tube size if you have it? The signals I liked are athttp://www.jpcycles.com/shop/product.asp?PRID=15731&GPID=3316 and they have 3 sizes 35, 39 and 41mm.

·
Registered
397 Posts
41mm is the diameter of the inner fork tube. I believe they are 53mm. I have been looking for fork clamps for new turns up front also. Does anyone know where to find fork clamps that will fit our forks?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts