RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
24 degrees at the top yesterday, lots of snow & lots of ice + SALT!!

Went for ribsoverinMurphy NC & took the scenic route in a cage.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I can't believe you didn't take the bike.
I have not ridden my bike in at least a month. In my younger days I never let the bike sit more then two weeks.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Preacherman said:
I can't believe you didn't take the bike.
I have not ridden my bike in at least a month. In my younger days I never let the bike sit more then two weeks.
Yep, you're old
You too Woody

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have gear & was out on both bikes in the AM before I put them up for the winter --- in my family room. I think I need some pictures on the walls to compliment the bikes.

I took the ol woman for ribs, she don't ride anymore hehehe. There was still alot of bi***ing.

A fewnotes from yesterday.

Her--There's a terrable draft on the floor of this car. Me--I'm sure there is, I have my window1/2 open because your smoking..

Her--Are the roads this curvy all the way to where we are going? Me--No, they get alot worse.

Her--There's snow on the ground!! Me-- Nochid, we are 6000 ft up & its 24 degrees outside.

Her--Look, those guys have rifles. Me--They might behunting. Did you bring your hat with the antlers?

Her--Whats that orange box thats lit up on the dashboard?Me--Its the digital speedo readout, can you see it? Her--No. Me--Thats a good thing.

Her--This car is no good for a long trip the seats are uncomfortable. Me--Huh? they are 6 way power with a power reclining back, power side bolsters & a 3 section lumbar individually adjustable, whats not to like? Her--There not heated like on my car. Me--GRRRRRRR.

Her--Why don't they have guard rails along this road if you go off the side & go down no one will ever find you. Me--You should take this road when you drive over to see your sister in NC, its a short cut & it will save you alot of time. At this point I wonder for split second what would be worse, loosing the ol woman off the side of a mountain or having the car totaled. Get real, I really like that car.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
That's some funny stuff there Woody.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Woody, I have a 91 Nissan NX2000 that has been trashed by my teenager that you could "borrow". Car only has 191K, shot clutch, clicking CV's and most of the interior sitting I don't know where. Just to make her happy, he changed out the exhaust to a "tuner" exhaust and it is worst riding in that car than on my bike with short pipes. If you wife doesn't make it to her sister's, just let me know as I need to keep insurance on the vehicle because it cheaper than what on a newer car. On a plus side, it does have t-tops that you could remove before you send her out
. I can't vouch for the heater, but I know the A/C works (see T-tops comment). You can even use what gas that is in it because I'm such a nice guy.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Allsmiles said:
Woody, I have a 91 Nissan NX2000 that has been trashed by my teenager that you could "borrow". Car only has 191K, shot clutch, clicking CV's and most of the interior sitting I don't know where. Just to make her happy, he changed out the exhaust to a "tuner" exhaust and it is worst riding in that car than on my bike with short pipes. If you wife doesn't make it to her sister's, just let me know as I need to keep insurance on the vehicle because it cheaper than what on a newer car. On a plus side, it does have t-tops that you could remove before you send her out
. I can't vouch for the heater, but I know the A/C works (see T-tops comment). You can even use what gas that is in it because I'm such a nice guy.

Thanks for the offer but I'll just play out the hand I have.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Churchkey said:
I have gear & was out on both bikes in the AM before I put them up for the winter --- in my family room. I think I need some pictures on the walls to compliment the bikes.

I took the ol woman for ribs, she don't ride anymore hehehe. There was still alot of bi***ing.

A fewnotes from yesterday.

Her--There's a terrable draft on the floor of this car. Me--I'm sure there is, I have my window1/2 open because your smoking..

Her--Are the roads this curvy all the way to where we are going? Me--No, they get alot worse.

Her--There's snow on the ground!! Me-- Nochid, we are 6000 ft up & its 24 degrees outside.

Her--Look, those guys have rifles. Me--They might behunting. Did you bring your hat with the antlers?

Her--Whats that orange box thats lit up on the dashboard?Me--Its the digital speedo readout, can you see it? Her--No. Me--Thats a good thing.

Her--This car is no good for a long trip the seats are uncomfortable. Me--Huh? they are 6 way power with a power reclining back, power side bolsters & a 3 section lumbar individually adjustable, whats not to like? Her--There not heated like on my car. Me--GRRRRRRR.

Her--Why don't they have guard rails along this road if you go off the side & go down no one will ever find you. Me--You should take this road when you drive over to see your sister in NC, its a short cut & it will save you alot of time. At this point I wonder for split second what would be worse, loosing the ol woman off the side of a mountain or having the car totaled. Get real, I really like that car.
Woody,can you give mewonderful woman's email address.There is a certain post from the forum I'd like to send to her.Then we can wait for the "mushroom cloud" over your place.I'm sure you need a little excitement since you've put the bikes up for the season.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Woody,can you give mewonderful woman's email address.There is a certain post from the forum I'd like to send to her.Then we can wait for the "mushroom cloud" over your place.I'm sure you need a little excitement since you've put the bikes up for the season.
Btm_Fdr"

Thanks, I'm really touched by your kind offer.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scott, I would have if I had know where you went down. After the wedding I rode out the other way headedback tothe barn.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Been nasty here too. 77 degrees yesterday and the sun was just awful. Talk about salt! I had sweat stains on my black tee shirt by the time I got home! I HAD to ride in shorts and a tee shirt so I could enjoy it without sweating and that made the ride bearable. Thank god for the few bars that braved the weather and opened so I could stop for a few cold beers on my route. Otherwise I may have melted. So yeah.....I feel your pain Church! LOL

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ruckus said:
Been nasty here too. 77 degrees yesterday and the sun was just awful. Talk about salt! I had sweat stains on my black tee shirt by the time I got home! I HAD to ride in shorts and a tee shirt so I could enjoy it without sweating and that made the ride bearable. Thank god for the few bars that braved the weather and opened so I could stop for a few cold beers on my route. Otherwise I may have melted. So yeah.....I feel your pain Church! LOL

Your preaching to the chior young man. I lived 150 miles south of Tampa for quite a few years.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Ruckus said:
LOL, YOUNG man? I like you Woody!
Well..... You are compared to Woody. (And Preacherman too)
I told you in an earlier post that THEY are BOTH old!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts