RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CarKnee,

This site is great[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif], NO COMPLAINTS!

Can you add a Catagory for the Women Riders, owners and backseaters? They have issues that directly relate to all of us, and it can increase the size of our extended family.

Not asking it to be women only, but Kathy and I feel that a directed focus could get their participation increased!

And yes, Recipes & Family events would be expected. Look, we all cook, and except for those of us who crawled out from under rocks have families too.

Besides.. the women who have riden on the back and have found it uncomfortable could share advice from those who have ridden successfully for many miles.

Also.... there are a WHOLE bunch of single men/women who frequent this site regularly.... you never know... maybe one of those could find a match....

Only some thoughts......

We remain loyal fans & riders....

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Come on LionHeart,
Swapping Recipe's, single's meeting, backseat rider's. Read the title. The Yamaha Road Star Warrior Forum. My Friend's, you have to remember what this forum is about. It's about sharing information on one thing and one thing only The Warrior! This site relate's to General, Technical, non- technical information relating to the Warrior or motorcycle's in general. If you guy's want to trade recipe's go to Betty Crocker's Forum. There are plenty of Single's Forum's out there to hook people up if that is what they want.

I too am loyal to this forum and whatever Sean decide's to do with you're request is fine with me. I just thought I would make my opinion public. Sorry! BTW - I don't have a problem with women participating on our forum, just please don't try to change it into something it's not!

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Women-----they all start out different & end up the same. Just pick one you absolutely despise & give her your house, kids, car & bank account then ride off into the sunset thinking your a lucky man because your not doin time for doin her in. I could give a rats ass if the broad is uncomfortable, tell her to get her own bike & see if she can keep up.

If you need a lonely hearts page to meet someone your in trouble anyway and deserve each other.

BTW, I don't cook.

This forum is about Warrior motorcycles not broads.

Your opinions may vary;
Churchkey; aka--under rock dweller.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Women can already participate on this forum and post in the existing folders. Why not just use the anything goes folder?[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All very good points & I don't regret bringing it up. But in reading some of our ((I use our because I feel that I am part of this group)) comments I can see that my opinion is substantialy differant then those who have posted.

I've been through the divorce aspect of my life, I do understand those aspects. I've also seen a few posts regarding some of the members attempts to make the backseater a little more comfortable. I have also noticed that although there are a number of women members w/ Warriors amoung our membership, they have been somewhat scarce in their postings.

My intent with this post was to only provide a single thought to increase the participation, and increase the involvement amoung the current owners & their significant others.

The intent was to strike a middle ground, but perhaps the opportunity for others to participate exists withen the existing forum boundries.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I would never, ever object to women participating in "OUR" Forum LionHeart, I encourage it. ****, if a WOMEN decide's to own and ride a Warrior more power to her. Or whatever she decide's to ride, good for her! She then in opinion would have no problem participating in our forum just the way it is. It is what it is, a Warrior Forum!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I am not opposed to creating a "Woman Warrior" Forum and see how it goes.

If I do go this way I would like the topics to be related to Woman and their Warriors, riding their warrior, riding in the back of their significant others warrior, etc... not related to cooking, dating, etc... Similarly, I wouldnt want the woman riders to post their seat mods in there, since this would apply to all, etc...

There are a few woman in here so please speak up!!! Do you want/need this???

CarKnee

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hmmmmmm I see this as a Warrior owners (and in that respect I dont belong either, as I have yet to take ownership, wednesday, I HOPE) and riders forum, I dont see any reason to distinguish between sexes, a rider is a rider, simple as that.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries at all DarkStar, Churchkey or anyone else with diff opinions. Never took it personal. That's what makes this so **** fun!

I love putting up posts that draw so many replies!

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor
[br "Churchkey, you crack me up."

& I have had 3 of them that almost cracked me up. My first wife was real good on the back of my Triumph & Dunstall & one evening while I laid it over onto a one way street that we used all the time she sat up. I came so close to the parked car on my right that I sucked in my knee and pulled my right hand off the grip & grabbed my chest just knowing I would hit & get sucked in. I also closed my eyes it was that close. I think the only thing that saved me was the fact that the bike had the rear brake on the left side & when I hit it the front end came around just enough to clear. I took her home & she never got on my bike again.

Had a girl I took out on the WIng, she stopped by the shop & wanted something to do so I pulled the Dunstall out as it was a little dusty from 2 months of neglect & let her clean & polish it. Hopped on it for a short run to the parts store, got a quick red light while running 55, grabbed the front brake & nothing happened. This bike had dual front discs back in 73 & would normally out stop anything. I locked up the rear, had a death grip on the front brake & had it laid out like a dirt tracker getting ready to lay it down & ride it out on top of her & use her as a cushion for whatever I was going to broad side rather than blow through that 4 lane intersection. The front brake comes on & locks up the front wheel, the bike comes up & stops with me on top of the gas tank about castrated by the gas cap. The stupid bitch had waxed the brake rotors. From that moment on the only way a woman could touch my bike is with her ass.

The next story will take some telling & this has been far to long already but I think you get the picture.

I ride alone anymore, I feel safer that way. I just know that one day I'll get done in by some stupid woman putting on her makeup, talking on the phone & running a red light because she's 5 minutes late for a hair appointment.

Standard disclaimer applies.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, who thought this would generate such strong emotions....but, I'm not surprised....what ever you decide CarKnee is fine by me..[8D]

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Wow, church, you make giving up a house and a lifelong dream of happiness sound not so bad. Thanks for the pick me up. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
123 Posts
And therein lies the beauty of it......I had to get divorced before I could get my bike, we all love road warriors, and guess what guys? My ex got the house.....not so far apart, are we? [^]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts