RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know that their is a stage 5 from yamaha that will raise up the revs 500 but is their any programs out their for the computer to get in their and mess with the air fuel mix timeing and all of that like their is for cars? i found a place that sells the modgle that sells an iteam that wil raise the rev.......http://www.ridevmc.com/items.asp?cc=WARRIOR&sCat=8

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
quote:Originally posted by maze

Ok i know that their is a stage 5 from yamaha that will raise up the revs 500 but is their any programs out their for the computer to get in their and mess with the air fuel mix timeing and all of that like their is for cars?

its actually a stage IV ecu, it bumps the redline to 5500, and fuel cut off to 5700 (stock being 5000, and 5200)

if you buy a power commader you can change the fuel maps, its pretty easy and with the upcoming ignition module (that was completely sarcastic, im still waiting after 2 years for it), you should be able to play with the timing

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
at least DynoJet has the ignition modular listed now lol and when I called them they told me to keep checking cause it was comming[8D]

Insert Image:

59.26KB

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
quote:Originally posted by shadow670

at least DynoJet has the ignition modular listed now lol and when I called them they told me to keep checking cause it was comming[8D]

how did i know that you would reply... forever the optimist [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I cant help it I really would like to change my timming and rev. limiter without digging into the motor.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by shadow670

I don't see it there on the current website. And on the older website they stopped mentioning it.

Put that together with the Rinehardt 2-1 pipes. Soon, Soon, Later, maybe a bit later, Nah we ain't gonna bother. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
yeah, it says coming soon on their website but it's no longer an ignition module, it's a powercommander III EX. It will allow timing changes and an increase of up to 200 RPM in the rev limiter. Coming soon from dynojet is a lot like starting your sentence with "once upon a time". I'll believe it when somebody has one on their bike and using it.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

but is their any programs out their for the computer to get in their and mess with the air fuel mix timeing and all of that like their is for cars?

Yes...on the site menu, hit Forums..then Search, and type in ECU Adjustment... there you will find a step by step on how to ground 1 wire from the ECU and then use the buttons on your tach to change your air/fuel settings. Almost as easy as setting a clock !!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

but is their any programs out their for the computer to get in their and mess with the air fuel mix timeing and all of that like their is for cars?

Yes...on the site menu, hit Forums..then Search, and type in ECU Adjustment... there you will find a step by step on how to ground 1 wire from the ECU and then use the buttons on your tach to change your air/fuel settings. Almost as easy as setting a clock !!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I know this has been asked before but why would you want to push the revs above 5500?

You are way out of the stock power band at that point and being passed by every stock Warrior on the planet.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
JamesD, you can still get more HP out of these motors with fairly minor mods... I suspect some well tuned BAK w/ speedstar or propipes and a good map could use the extra rpm, not to mention hc pistons, cams, etc... There are MANY applications where you woudl want the extra rpms but not want to have to use the speedstar ecu which was realyl designed for larger injectors and velocity stacks.

JT

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I dissagree completely. There "may" be some extreme mods that can use the extra revs however pistons and cams aint it. Look at anyones dyno sheet, the power is dropping and the motor is ready for the next gear before 5000.

quote:Originally posted by jaytee

JamesD, you can still get more HP out of these motors with fairly minor mods... I suspect some well tuned BAK w/ speedstar or propipes and a good map could use the extra rpm, not to mention hc pistons, cams, etc... There are MANY applications where you woudl want the extra rpms but not want to have to use the speedstar ecu which was realyl designed for larger injectors and velocity stacks.

JT

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Why are you gettin all technical and sh!t. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] The man wants 500 extra rpm's dammit. Let him waste his money. You know you can shave your quarter mile time by almost .05 seconds.[:0][/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]quote:Originally posted by JamesD

I dissagree completely. There "may" be some extreme mods that can use the extra revs however pistons and cams aint it. Look at anyones dyno sheet, the power is dropping and the motor is ready for the next gear before 5000.

JT

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JamesD

JT

with the stage IV kit, the peak power is at nearly 5500, which fits nicely with speed computers added rpm.... sometimes extra rpm, would come in handy

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
With my 108, the peak power is at 5000 and it drops all the way down to 104 hp and 104 tq at 5500. I guess if I wanted to stay in the power band, I'd want to shift at 5200-5300. But before the speedstar ecu, there was no 5300 to speak of. It did move my peak power considerably up the rpm range.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That would not be the opinion of several of the riders here in SoCal...

But opinions are like... well, you know what I mean, and both yours and mine in this case are worth exactly what they cost.

Bottom line, if you want the rpms there is only one game in town.

JT

JT

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Well, if the Socal riders say so then it must be true.

That would not be the opinion of several of the riders here in SoCal...

But opinions are like... well, you know what I mean, and both yours and mine in this case are worth exactly what they cost.

Bottom line, if you want the rpms there is only one game in town.

JT

JT

1 - 20 of 37 Posts