RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revisited my 2008 Warrior with a ride to the James Lick Observatory. After riding my 2008Raider (a great bike but 'not' a Warrior) I never thought I'd be thankful forthe Warrior's superiorhandling (Mt. Hamilton Road to the obervatory was built in the 1880s for horses and has turns soooo tight you can read your license plate) I was able to tag along after some BMW riders...I'm glad I keptthe 190 Avon Storm/ and the high-exitstainless steel Holeshot slip-on ANDnever 'Harley-ized' my Warrior by lowering it.....PEACE/RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
926 Posts
Are you saying that I shouldnt go on that road? I did a flip & grind which sounded like a great idea until you called it "harley-ized".
Can we call it "lowered" from now on?

I need to check out that road anyway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mt. Hamilton Road was built in the 1880s for horses and mules to bring materials up the mountainto build the James Lick Observatory 36" telescope. It'snot used as much as the 120" telescope near it...Because of the tight switchbacks, needed at the time for the horses,you'll need 'all' of your Warrior's ground clearance and lean angle...Which is why I say lowered bikes (I did not mean to offend anyone with the term Harley-ized)give soooooooo much away in their backroad abililty to handle the twisties. I say that with respect as I know many havetraded their handling for greatlooking bikes...But since I'm always putting along the backroads with other metrics I've chosen to keep as much of the Warrior's handling as I can...I even went with the Holeshot slip-on because it's quite light, high-exit, has a deep mellow, not loud,sound and I gained in the low/mid-range...You can see a picture of the Holeshotsystem on (www.cafepress.com/Derrel) It was never my intention to make fun of the way others choose to set up their Warriors...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just yankin your chain, no offense taken. I knew the trade-offs when I lowered the bike. I dont regret it but I might get an adjustable one of these days so I can get somewhere between stock and 2 inches lower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts