RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking/searching this site for rear peg options but it's pretty limited. I know a lot of people flipped the pegs but don't think I want to do that. The new Yami's relocaters don't come out till July. Are there anymore options? Does Kuryakyn make anything that will fit the Warrior?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Some options:
1. Flip your existing pegs. I just did mine and they look good, and give about 3"
2. V-Star 650 brackets
3. Phat Performance Parts has a rear peg relocation kit
4. Kuryakyn Longhorns (I think that is what they are)
5. Check the links section of the site, I think there is another bracket company in there too.,

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have you seen BartenderSammys set up? Check it out in the gallery, I think that looks pretty good and I believe it's Kuryakyn.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks Cabex.

Amospro - I used the K'Akyn longhorn offsets and the 8028 pegs. I love the set up. You have to drill a hole in the spacing area where the current pegs mounts are, but installation is a piece of cake. I had both holes drilled and the pegs installed in about an hour.

If you go this route - let me know and I can send you complete instructions.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The flip is very easy ans cost next to nothing. One of the local bike shops cut min for free and a hardware store had the bolts. Why would you not want to do this? Mine look factory!

·
Registered
24 Posts
quote:Originally posted by islecruiser

Amospro,the dennis kirk catalogue has the rear peg extensions in it.

What part number? What page in the Dennis Kirk Catalog?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm with Daimon1054, the peg flip looks very professional when finished, and the price can't be beat. I did mine with a Dremel tool.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I did the peg flip with a grinder, also ground the back so that they would clear the pully cover and oil tank, didn't have to extend them that way, and used origanal bolts. a little paint, looks like factory, cost, less than an hour.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your suggestions. I think I like Bartender's setup best. (Paul, you've got mail) I couldn't find anything on the V-Star 650. Where would I find that? I don't really want to pay $88 for Phat Performance relocators that don't move them very far when I can just flip mine for free.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by Daimon1054

the local bike shops cut min for free and a hardware store had the bolts.

Daimon, what bolts did you need? What about spacers?

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI, The relocators are on page 387 in the Dennis Kirk Catalog for $104.99. They are the EXACT same peg relocators that Phat Performance has for $88.00

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I put the right side bolts on the left using a few washers painted black so that it would clear the cover. On the right I went to the hardware store and they had some the same length as the right side bolts. All they had was hex head but after painting them black the look like they were meant to be there.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The last 2 times my wifes knees were above her ears a kid popped out. I think I would rather avoid that again so the peg flip was first on the list!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If you are going to replace your stock seat anyway and decide to go with something with a big, thick passenger seating pillion, like the Mustang Vintage or the Corbin Dual Tour, you may find that the peg flip isn't as sorely needed anymore. That what's happened in my case, the passenger cushion on my DT lifts the passenger 5". Made a big difference.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts