RS Warrior Forum banner

Where do you want to stay? Please only vote if you intend on attending.

• Hotel

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cabins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RV Park

• Camping

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a crazy year and for all us old-timers and new-comers alike, we are all craving a massive Warrior rally! Well, let's put some rubber to the road and make it happen!

What better way to celebrate the stars aligning for a massive Warrior rally to happen than during a solar eclipse! That's right! On the morning of October 14, 2023, there will be an annular solar eclipse lasting up to 4 minutes and 50 seconds cutting across a large swath of the American Southwest!

We've got 28 months to come up with a plan, commit our schedules, and make this happen! Given the amazing beauty and central location that is Utah, I'm throwing that location out as a meetup destination to minimize the travel for the maximum number of attendees!

Let's make this happen!!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Awesome idea! Somebody needs to pick the town, then can start planning and when things are organized and firm everyone can get to reserving rooms etc in advance!

Plus it would not hurt to do a few group rides regionally in the meantime.

These things could even maybe lead into a continental US/CAN Warrior Group Ride one day.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just saw the Part 2 thread, awesome!
Yeah, gotta get working on the shirts... And I'd LOVE to get a photographer lined up to take some celestial photos of Warriors with the eclipse behind them.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know some of you guys are way more artistic than I am but here's an idea I threw together in a few minutes in PowerPoint while at work. I'd love to see what you guys can come up with for some cool artwork for t-shirts/sweatshirts. Definitely want to put something together for everyone.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I already started looking into this. Unfortunately, since it's over two years away, no one is taking hotel reservations. I didn't get a date on when they are but I will and will post up as soon as I know more.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to throw out some ideas about where to focus on for our gathering and such, that would be great. I know it's over two years away but the time is going to go fast.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Starting to look more into where to stay. Would people prefer hotels or camp sites? Since we're talking mid-October in Utah, it should be really nice during the day (historic average high of 68° F) and a little chilly in the evening (historic average low of 32° F). My daughter will be 4 at that time so I'd think she'd be down for either. I know my wife is good with either, too, so I thought I'd push this out to the group. I've added a poll up top so we can do a proper vote. Please only vote if you intend to attend. Thanks, guys!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Is it possible to amend the poll so we can pick multiple options? Like cabins and camping or lodging and cabins, or any combination? That would present a more accurate picture.

Also, there must be dozens of spots where camping and lodging are near each other. I wonder if any of these are MC friendly and also near lodging:

There are tons of these sort of links. Someone needs to pick an accessible low-elevation geographic area within the event horizon and settle on a town that has camping and lodging. It should not be too hard. Don't we have a few Utah members?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts