RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cleaning up the foot peg areas, polished them up a few months ago, now I want to relocate the right side horn, any suggestions?

·
Vendor
943 Posts
I just zip striped mine to the frame by the oil filter for the time being. Will leave it there till I either need to move it or get a better idea.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Bolt it out on the tip of the front fender?

Stick it into the headlight bucket and remove the headlight?

Put it under the seat someplace?

Okay j/k.

If you have a VBAK or BAK and still have left and/or right side scoops they provide a nice hiding spot.

Another favorite is to relocate the rectifier/regulator from between the front downtubes to under the tank (or similar) then install a nice chrome pair of horns in the rectifier location.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Didn't actually put mine in the trash, but it's not on my bike either. The only time I could hear it is if I was sitting idling. On the road, it was completely useless, considering motor/exhaust volumes. I still have the left side horn, so that I am technically legal.

·
Registered
999 Posts
What horn?? I cant hear a horn. I just use my exhaust to let people know that i'm there, or to go, when they are sitting at a green light.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I can't remember where I put mine...my rectifier is down by my shock now. Where in the **** did I put that horn???? Now I gotta go look.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Mines in the trash.I could never hear them over the pipes.I also moved the brake spring and switch under the bike to clean things up.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Yes, left side horn is under the bike, near the front pulley. I believe they operate at different pitches, in the interest of being audible to more people. But, like many have said, I couldn't hear either of them when rolling. Have to have a horn to be street legal in AZ, so the left one is good enough as far as that goes.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Alright, knowing that I think I'll remove mine too. I think here in Minnesota you legally need a horn too, but honestly I'd really be surprised if a cop actually checked it. But the right side horn is kind of an eyesore. So I might just take it off given I can find a place to hide the wires. I don't want a connector just hanging there, and I don't know if I can bring myself to cut it off. I have to take a closer look at it before I make any final decisions.

It's kind of a cheese *** horn anyway. I don't think I've ever used it in traffic

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
the stock horns suck!! plain and simple. but i dont think you should be without a horn so i installed some super loud electrics for the cager who is just not paying attention. one of them is in the stock location near the kick stand and the other is in the speed star scoop on the right. i had to trim some plastic on the black piece that mounts to the bike, installed a mounting strap to bolt the horn to and then the chrome cover fits right on, you would never know i have the horn inside there

·
Registered
263 Posts
i changed the front horn to PIAA. it rates in around 113 db and when you pull the stickers off it doesnt' look too cheesey

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found that the right side horn on my warrior was the high pitched one. I removed it and replaced the left side low pitch horn with the right one. Threw the left one in the trash. Legal and clean.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Hey southboundchicken, ... do you have any pics or further details on that ... I have the speedstar scoop/VBAK also.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I saw a bike like that yesterday...don't know who's it is. Yammi shop here in SW Michigan. Nice purple custom paint, 260 kit with all chrome swing arm, rims, hub, pulley, etc. very nice looking warrior. What caught my eye was the right side of the bike. He put the right side horn and his rear brake oil reservoir inside his S* air cleaner cover (shell only...he had installed a Barons' BAK).

Wish I knew who's bike it is...he wasn't there, the shop mechanic was showing it to me. The owner had brought it in to have pistons and springs installed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts