RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other night I spent an hour (finally) polishing my ram air scoop and rims. Granted, it was theraputic, but they are in only fair shape (front is better than the rear) and I'm contemplating the long term maintenance of a polished finish as I'm trying to reduce the number of 'things' that require repetitive maintenance, not increase them.

That said, I spent time every weekend polishing the aluminum bits on my '82 Honda CB900 Custom (first bike) and they came out looking great - and stayed that way. And I swear that after every time I cleaned/polished it the bike ran better! Has that happened to you?

Anyway - I do want to paint my bike and was thinking of extending my color scheme to the rims, but they're already polished. I've done some searching here and got some good info; any current opinions are welcome though.

Raz

·
Registered
428 Posts
Man I know what you mean about being therapy when it comes to polishing or doing any type of maintenance on the bike. I did the same
on mine and they have held up great and clean up on them is very easy.

As for my opinion: follow your gut and do what makes you happy. I have seen the RSW with incredible paint and wheel powder coating as
well as anodized wheels. They all looked awesome. As for me, I like the oem look and want to keep it that way with the exception of the
exhaust, side intake and brake lines. Those mods are easily returned back to oem should one want to do that. As I find the original offering
still incredible 17 years later.

Good luck with the make over and post up completed pics, once accomplished. We all like to see new RSW eye candy on here!!
Remember though, getting there IS part of the journey. Take your time and do it the way you want it and don't look back. Hope this helps.

Rg

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Some guys are chrome whores while others are all black or nothing. The great thing about this being your bike is that it is yours and we will all support you in your endeavors (mostly of course LOL).

I have powder coated a few things to break up some of the chrome so I believe in a balance. I will admit that I do not clean her as often as I should tho.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I've got time on my side in this instance - not sure when paint will come, probably next summer when it's just too dang hot and humid to do lots of riding.

So as it goes, by that time I should have a few polishing sessions under my belt and then more of an opinion of what to do. Looking forward to see how they look when they are really clean.

Cheers,

Raz

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
@Razman11 I completely get what you're saying about some polishing making her run smoother and stronger. I'm a believer in vehicles having souls.

When a person and a vehicle (could be a bike, a car, or even a helicopter like mine while I was in the service) connect, I've seen that vehicle treat its person differently than someone else. Things run smoother with fewer issues than when some other random person is at the helm. I think there's something to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts