RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose anyone know is there suposed to be a rear compretion ring like on the front? there was not one one the factory one just the front now i feel air blowng out back

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
lmrepp99 said:
dose anyone know is there suposed to be a rear compretion ring like on the front? there was not one one the factory one just the front now i feel air blowng out back
I assume you mean the exhaust flange gasket....Each exhaust port has a laminated copper sealing gasket that is approx 1/8" thk.

It's quite possible that it remained in the rear exhaust port or it could have been stuck to the previous head pipe

If the gasket is in place and the head pipe is properly sealed, check the new pipe for a unsealed test port at the flangealthough i'm not aware that Rinehart ever supplied one.

·
Administrator
29,923 Posts
3EG-14613-00-00
GASKET, EXHAUST PIPE

Sometimes an old gasket gets left on by accident so you double-up on one. There should be just one copper ring gasket on each header pipe at the jug. Also, I don't know for sure but the new pipes might have a threaded port behind one or both header pipes for sensors. If yes, and if your state doesn't use the sensor, then use the small threaded plug from the stock header.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts