RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at getting either the flush rineharts or the bigshots, my question is, are the rineharts worth the extra $200 over the bigshots? anyone had any experience with either one? i have heard the rineharts drag on a lowered bike and so i really don't want to spend the money if i am going to be dragging them. i ride fairly aggressive and have only heard of one instance where the bigshots have touched down. thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Don't know about the rhinharts.... they do look like they would touchdown. Haven't been able to scrape the big shots.... I am also aggressive in curves. I would find it difficult to spend an extra 200. IMHO

·
Registered
25 Posts
You know it the rienhardt's are a three stage header system and they will give you more horses. Same guy makes all the pipes for nascar!
Good investment.
alleycat

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I'm guessing the two arn't more than a couple of HP apart. For my own personal taste the Rhinehearts are the sweetest looking thing out there.
I've got the Chaimbermaids, They are basicaly the same dimensions without all the improvments under the heat sheilds. I ride pretty aggressivley and the only times I've dragged them is in fairly low speed cornering with a passenger. The scratch is on the very bottom of the front pipe so it's invisible. It's been strictly a noise issue. It has never affected my handling.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have yet to see a Rienhardt dyno sheet....could it have been the 20hp gain without a PC3 that the manufacturer was claiming?

I'd be much more impressed if he made WRC car exhausts ot F1 exhausts...lol.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I agree with Meatball...they will drag in certain instances but its not in a visible place.They also do sound nice but I would be surprised that they are that much of a horsepower gain...did you actually see that much of a gain on the dyno Drekoe?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Ive got the chambermaids, same design as rines, and I lowered the bike. They definately drag! I heard great things about the rines but the price I got was 750 and man thats a lot of money for exhaust. Those black tips look killer!

·
Registered
579 Posts
They will drag but only if you ride aggressivaly. The bigshots produce more power than the standars bubs chambermaids but I don't think the rhinharts do that much better than the rhinharts. I remember somewhere someone saying 2 HP.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
2 hp sounds about right...with the power commander thats all I got from chambermaids....but if the rhineharts are a stepped pipe they should have a little more back pressure and may be a little better

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Six and half to seven bills for an exhaust is way too much for me. Went with the Bigshots for just a hair over $400 shipped. I've not been able to get them to scrape, they have a slight upsweep that help in that regard. Rineharts probably are very, very nice, but I don't think you'll be unhappy with the Bigshots.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Especially when a Pro-Pipe and PC3 will get you upwards of 10hp with the Big Shots not far behind, it seems excessive.

Put the $200 toward a Big Bore Kit or even just some standard bore high compression pistons and you'll get way more smiles per $$, in my opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have rhineharts only,factory air,still have ais intact,have tweaked ecu only,ride with friends warrior pro-pipe,bak,and aisblocked off,neither one of us have pc111,were consistantly side by side till 120,we were at drags today ran in grudge runs after and are eighth and quarter times were close also ,neither one of us have dynoed yet.i think a pro pipe and big air are good for about 12hp so i'm thinkin the rienharts are going to be close to that(12hp)increase

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have Rinehart's on my RoadStar came from Bub Stubbies and then Barons Too Nasties. Haven't noticed a HP gain. They do sound sweet though, the stepped design makes for a pretty cool sound. I wouldn't buy too much into marketing, if the HP gains are true, cool but I wouldn't be surprised if many don't get them. There's many tricks that can be done with Dyno claims, for instance the before run could have had the Air/Fuel ratio way out of whack which is then set to a proper level when the new item is compared. Not saying Bub's did this but many out there do. The main reason I like the Rinehart's is they are semi exclusive as many people won't pony up the coin for them, makes my bike a little more unique for having them. Terry

·
Registered
125 Posts
quote:Originally posted by msm698

I agree with Meatball...they will drag in certain instances but its not in a visible place.They also do sound nice but I would be surprised that they are that much of a horsepower gain...did you actually see that much of a gain on the dyno Drekoe?

yes i work for a dealer ship we have a dyno

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Dre, What else do you have done? They were claiming crazy numbers for the pipes alone...

I agree, exclusivity is addictive, Phat, I just wish my people in Japan could squeeze in making a street titanium version of our race bike stepped pipes, but I wouldn't do it stepped I'd do it with a gradual taper like the TiForce sportbike pipes. They are just slammed making pipes for all of the new models and will be for a few months more. I will keep bugging them, maybe we'll have some real exclu$ive trick pipes by Indy next winter. Sure they'll blue up...but maybe we'll ceramic coat them black...now we're talkin'!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts