RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but couldn't get a clear answer. I have yamaha TT bars and I was going to replace the riser bushings to try to help with vibrations. I purchased the Gooden Tite riser bushings for the warrior, and I got the bars off tonight but I can't tell how to get the old bushings out. Do I have to remove the top fork clamp to accomplish this change? Other posts said the OEM was press fit, but others had problems getting them out. Thanks for any help....

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
warrior04 said:
I searched but couldn't get a clear answer. I have yamaha TT bars and I was going to replace the riser bushings to try to help with vibrations. I purchased the Gooden Tite riser bushings for the warrior, and I got the bars off tonight but I can't tell how to get the old bushings out. Do I have to remove the top fork clamp to accomplish this change? Other posts said the OEM was press fit, but others had problems getting them out. Thanks for any help....
Your Yami TT's should have come with the 2-thin wall sleeves for centering the M12 bar bolts. You should also be reusing the cable guides and the 2-top flat OEMwashers under the bar. This will isolate the bars from the top tree so the bushings will do their intended work as designed, IMO.

I would suggest removing the top tripletree before attempting the bushing removal. A large bench vise or 1/2" threaded rod with close fitting socket or hollow spacers can be used for the task. I would take every precaution to salvage the stock riser bushings during the R&R as a fall-back if the Gooden Tite don't work out!

Not sure if you read this recentthread: Riser Bushing Removal shown below:

AlanH said:
Tue, Oct 14 2008 10:56 PM

Warrior4Him said:
I have Yammi Flat bars with tall risers. I added some 1 3/4" spacers below the bars to get more pullback and height. The position is perfect. The problem is that there is too much movement in the rubber bushings. I picked up some Gooden Tite riser bushings (GT-1YS)...that are made for the Warrior. I've checked the threads and could not find a method to remove the old rubber bushings. Ideas?? Thanks in advance.
The Yamahariser bushings are a press fit. The OEMbushings are not available from Yamaha.

The nominalsizeis 30mm O.D. x 14mm I.D. x approx 40mmLong

Thebillettall risers ship with2-M12 x 70mm Lg soc hd allenbolts & 2-thin wall sleeves, 14mm O.D. x 12mm I.D.x 36mm Lg that act as a filler to center the riser bolts.

Keep in mind that the riser bushings you plan to use are 2-pc stepped/hubbed bushings and spacers that have a larger foot print all aroundthan the OEM's.

Here's a couple of earlier threads

[*]
http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25090/368857.aspx#368857
[*]
http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25090/368858.aspx#368858[/list]

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alan, I got everything apart now I just have to swap out and reassemble. I'll let everyone know how it goes....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts