RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just found this site and bought my Warrior yesterday.Yeh! I want a 1 3/4 increase in my bar pullback and I am looking for a windscreen that will take the air off me on the highway 80mph average here in San Diego. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
36 Posts
welcome, bismark and i are fellow san diego warrior riders !

i use barons pull back drag bars

give me more pull back and look great !

·
Registered
784 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board!! As far as bars, there are the Yamaha double-T fat bars, barons pull back drag bars, and barons radius bars. On windshields, look into Memphis Shades (www.memphisshades.com). I've got the "Classic Duece" in ruby tint and it works great for me. Good luck, have fun, and post away!!!

Johnny

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Welcome to the brotherhood! As far as windshields are concerned, I've got the Memphis Shades Big Shot, it does a great job of taking pretty much all the air off my chest. It is a large (20") high curved sportshield with a dark tint lower gradient, great if you are a full face helmet wearer and simply want to take the wind off your chest. However, if you are looking for something big enough to duck totally behind when you're riding with a shorty helmet or 3/4", keep looking, it ain't that big. Probably better off with something like a Memphis Shades Fats.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Matters, probably the most effective windscreen would be from www.windvest.com, pricey though, $250-$350 depending on model. they make 3 different models(14-16"tall and a new 16x16)for the warrior w/diff bar mounts. If you change from stok bars to risers you need 10-1480ct or something like that,not the stok model.
www.mawonline.com sells them for less. I think eventually I will be ordering one.
in the meantime I have bought a national cycle F15 sport/tour shield meant for a naked sport bike. dont have it mounted yet am waiting for custom brakets to arrive. this is an interesting looking shield, small, trim, with a flip at the top. it is designed to be adjustable angle from low (looks great) to high (should stop more air-looks funky). I will post results n pics when/if the brakets ever show up!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Poncho, That F15 sheild looks great. Did you order the custom brackets from National or are you having them fabricated? Let me know what the part number is if they came from National. I may give them a call later today. Thanks for any insight on this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts