RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much my rpms will be lowered by the road* 5th gear and why was the gas tank recalled. By the way I have a 2002 warrior.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
250 rpms and the tank needed more padding underneith due to tanks leaking

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
The gas tank recall was due to engine vibrations cracking a weld on the gas tank. I bought mine used and did not find out about the recall until mine started leaking. Luckily, they replaced my tank under warranty. You need to check to verify whether it's been done, and don't just ignore it.

You should be able to check on your own--check with a dealer or somebody like churchkey to see what the exact differences are. I think they just added a vibration dampening washer between the gas tank and the frame.

....and what ohiomike said about the rpm's.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Tank recall was for the '02 model year. The dealer should have put a punch mark over one of the serial # letters on the neck of the bike if the recall was completed. I think it is the forth digit of the serial #. Don't remember exactly, I did my own & never punched the frame & its going on 4 years since.

The repair consisted of replacing the hard rubber washer where the rear tank mount bracket attaches to the tank with a softer one.

Roadie 5th gear is .75 ratio.(25% overdrive)
Warrior 5th gear is .8 ratio (20% overdrive)

What ohiomike says about the rpms. Best guess on my bike is about 200 rpm at 80. You really need a GPS to figure it exactly. Problem is that the electronic speedo pickup operates on the 5th gear. since most speedos read fast from the factory the roadie 5th gear gets the speedo reading real close to actual speed if you have not changed the drive pulley or tire size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts