RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
It wont fit right out of the box. If the mounting holes match up then all you would needis a spacer to go between the frame and the new controls. You may needan adapter for the shift linkage. And the last issue would be whether the Master Cylinder is strong enough to work with the Warrior rear brake. Otherwise, I dont see why it wouldnt work...but Im no expert.

·
Administrator
5,910 Posts
I know you have to modify a roadstar's stock footpeg mounts because I saw some roadstar running boards mounted on a warrior.He had to move one of the holes because of the angle of the foorboards,so the angle of the forward controls may be off.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
gilly said:
I know you have to modify a roadstar's stock footpeg mounts because I saw some roadstar running boards mounted on a warrior.He had to move one of the holes because of the angle of the foorboards,so the angle of the forward controls may be off.
+1 ....
kichigaiauthored an excellentpost on this subject if i'm not mistaken

The 2-M10 x 1.25p frame mounting holes for thepeg support brackets are spaced differently on the Warrior
.... anyway, those controls appear to be mfg'd by Supreme/Legend as they have the double window cut-out in the levers which is their trademark. Why mess around when you can buy the proper part for the Warrior application unless it's a price issue

If you make-up some custom spacers usingstandoffs and an aluminum/steel platethe part can easily be applied to the Warrior

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Alan, has great information on hand, as usual. All you have to do is machine a spacer to fit the Warrior frame and the above mentioned forward controls. But honestly... with the money you will spend in fabricating the spacers (I think you can make them for $100.00, powdercoated), you are better to get the real deal, as Alan said.

If price is an issue, I would recommend you to look at the Phat Elite controls. They sell for $449.00 and they are great. I bought those and I'm very happy with the purchase, very well made. I also purchased a pair of Supreme Legends hand grips to match the peg design, as well Bill's spacers who tremedously improved my ride comfort.

If style is what you are looking for, I would recommend the Supreme Legends controls. They are top quality and they also come with the ultra comfortable 3" spacers (mentioned above) that will make you feel in paradise, while riding. Bill is a standup guy, he will take good care of you.

Personally, I went with the Elite controls, because of the price and clean look. I've got the missing parts from Supreme (grips and spacers). For now, that's what I have on hand (I will post a better picture tonight):

·
Registered
49 Posts
barons make a 3 inch and 5 inch set. I have the 3 inch on my bike u can see it by clicking on 4.7 gal tank there 100 bucks from dennis kirk or jp cycle comes with every thing u need. azwar04

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I just bought the lightening performance control extentions. Didnt fit for sh*t!. So I found these on ebay. Fit perfect. I put them on about month and a half ago and just got back from a 2000 mile trip, and they did me no wrong. This is the site link for the ebay page. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Road-Star-Warrior-3-Forward-Control-Extension-Roadstar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem130257399876QQitemZ130257399876

Hope they work for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive seen those on ebay and I was a little skeptical. I might give them a shot. ****, for $70 if I dont like them its not a big deal

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
mikystyle said:
Ive seen those on ebay and I was a little skeptical. I might give them a shot. ****, for $70 if I dont like them its not a big deal

I thought the same thing when I saw them which is why I went for the name brand first. But when that went to sh*t, I fig "what the ****, why not give um a shot"...they work great. Easy install. I had them on for my ride to the Dragon and when I got there I took them off right there in the parking lot and put them back on before I went home. The one thing I noticed that was wrong with the directions though was that it says to use the bolts the give you to sttach the controls to the new brackets and the OEM bolts on the frame. Didnt work. But vice versa it does. Use the bolt they give you to attach the brackets to the frame and the OEM bolts to attach the controls to the brackets. Alittle gloss black touch up paint on the bolts they give you and they blend right in with the frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts