RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m biased towards warriors but I’m always looking for a reason to buy a new bike. I recently have been loving the Roadliner .... Can anyone who has owned or rode a Roadliner comment on the engine performance. I love how hard the warrior pulls. I’m curious , is the Roadliner faster or just as fast (0-60) as the warrior.?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi, I know a guy who has an 06 Warrior, Roadliner bagger and a Raider. Between the three of them his favourites are the Warrior and Raider. He says they both go like the showers of ****, the Roadliner not so much. I think the Roadliner is the heaviest out of the three. I hope that helps, if not I’m sure others will comment to your question. Oh btw I think the guy is a capitalist for having those three bikes lol.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Raider and Roadliner are the same in speed and quickness. (Except on the 1/4 mile track but by a second or 2 which isn't noticeable) there have been many track races aswell as done of them with the same owner off both bikes.

Stratoliners have about 70lbs over the Raider and about 20lbs over the Roadliner.

All 3 have the exact engine/trans and front pulley. The rear pulley on the Raider is a 66T and the liners is a 70T. The raider has an 18" rear wheel and the liners have a 17" but the tires sizes make the gearing about equal at the end.

The liners corner and take curved better then the Raider.

The Raider and Roadliner are quicker then the warrior.

A buddy of mine has a 09' Raider and 09' Roadliner both with tuners, PR intake and cobra slip on 2-1.
For years we've went back and forth riding and trading off between our bikes.
There's a noticeable difference in handling between the 2.

I have my Roadliner and my warrior.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Raider and Roadliner are the same in speed and quickness. (Except on the 1/4 mile track but by a second or 2 which isn't noticeable) there have been many track races aswell as done of them with the same owner off both bikes.

Stratoliners have about 70lbs over the Raider and about 20lbs over the Roadliner.

All 3 have the exact engine/trans and front pulley. The rear pulley on the Raider is a 66T and the liners is a 70T. The raider has an 18" rear wheel and the liners have a 17" but the tires sizes make the gearing about equal at the end.

The liners corner and take curved better then the Raider.

The Raider and Roadliner are quicker then the warrior.

A buddy of mine has a 09' Raider and 09' Roadliner both with tuners, PR intake and cobra slip on 2-1.
For years we've went back and forth riding and trading off between our bikes.
There's a noticeable difference in handling between the 2.

I have my Roadliner and my warrior.
Having not ridden any of the 1900’s I can only go by what I was told lol😎😎

·
Registered
380 Posts
19 motor is boring. Balancers, hydro clutch. In terms of dynamics, they are close, but in terms of impressions, 19 are boring. They are made for hanging bags and boring driving on the highway. The warrior is much more fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
19 motor is boring. Balancers, hydro clutch. In terms of dynamics, they are close, but in terms of impressions, 19 are boring. They are made for hanging bags and boring driving on the highway. The warrior is much more fun!
Do you mean the way the warrior shakes at idle etc?

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I have a Raider and a Warrior. The Raider is a bit more refined in which the hydraulic clutch is great, it cruises a bit easier with less vibration and it is a hair faster every time against the Warrior. I will say that my Warrior is crisper in which I have it sorted out to a "T" and the tune is spot on. I just think about twisting the throttle and she is ready to go. Both have Ivan's but the Warrior has PC3, V&H bigshots, VBAK and a few other little tid bits. The Raider has no airbox lid and Freedom 2 into 1 pipes so still considering the a PC but have been told it is totally unnecessary (not 100% convinced yet). The Warrior also handles way better and is more flickable. Also the Raider is more comfortable for me and the wife hands down. Done 500 miles in 1 day on both and the Raider not a problem....the Warrior was a little more of a chore at the end of the day.
I still wish the Liner & the Raider had a 6th gear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Raider and a Warrior. The Raider is a bit more refined in which the hydraulic clutch is great, it cruises a bit easier with less vibration and it is a hair faster every time against the Warrior. I will say that my Warrior is crisper in which I have it sorted out to a "T" and the tune is spot on. I just think about twisting the throttle and she is ready to go. Both have Ivan's but the Warrior has PC3, V&H bigshots, VBAK and a few other little tid bits. The Raider has no airbox lid and Freedom 2 into 1 pipes so still considering the a PC but have been told it is totally unnecessary (not 100% convinced yet). The Warrior also handles way better and is more flickable. Also the Raider is more comfortable for me and the wife hands down. Done 500 miles in 1 day on both and the Raider not a problem....the Warrior was a little more of a chore at the end of the day.
I still wish the Liner & the Raider had a 6th gear.
So even with more upgrades the warrior is slower?

·
Administrator
28,599 Posts
Put the Warrior on a curved road especially in the mountains and its cornering ability and acceleration out of corners give a definite edge. The 19's will out-power in the straights. Combined, it becomes a question of which rider is having a better day. But the Warrior is by far more fun to ride, even stock. Add basic mods and Ivans and its the best smile-generator on two wheels.

If you want the most powerful motorcycle get something like a V8 bike. Its a curve-turd but it really likes to go straight!

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
So even with more upgrades the warrior is slower?
Back in 04' the Warrior was pure sex. I was eating Harley's left and right. I had dyno'ed the bike and it looked like a diesel graph with 84 hp and 106 torque. That torque also was as flat as the horizon so it pulled from down low all the way to redline. But technology has caught up and HD finally caught on and copied the Yamaha design with their Milwaukee 8. These HD motors are putting down crazy numbers with their stroker kits and several companies make them as well as a TON of camshaft choices. My local dyno guy just did another HD streetglide and put in a 124 stroker kit and he is consistently getting 135 hp and over 140 lbs of torque from these combos. I have yet to run into one on the street but I need to beware he says.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To elaborate more, I love the warrior power AND handling but like many of you passenger is never comfortable. But I can’t ride anything with less perceived power and torque So I’m wondering if I’ll be happy with the road liner and all that it is. even though no doubt the warrior is amazing

·
Registered
345 Posts
Long story short.

I bought a new 2002 Warrior and loved it. When Yamaha blew chunks over the tranny recall, I sold my indigo Warrior in 2005.
In 2007 I purchased a new 2006 Roadliner, I thought about getting another Warrior at that time but went with the Roadliner.

Roadliner, pretty sweet cruiser, almost geezer glide in ride and comfort.
I also set it up with Statoliner accessories short of the hard bags, tall wind shield, sissy bar with rack...
Heavier than the Warrior and a bit wider and longer.
I did not mod out the Roadliner.
As far as straight line performance, I believe the Warrior pulled harder and faster off the line and the Warrior is more nimble in the twisties.
As far as 1/4 mile times, I don’t know myself, only what I read.

In 2011, out of need for cash, I sold the Roadliner.

In 2017, I bought a used 2009 Warrior with just under 5k miles on her and thoroughly enjoying my decision.

If you are looking for straight line speed in a cruiser, consider the Vmax.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Long story short.

I bought a new 2002 Warrior and loved it. When Yamaha blew chunks over the tranny recall, I sold my indigo Warrior in 2005.
In 2007 I purchased a new 2006 Roadliner, I thought about getting another Warrior at that time but went with the Roadliner.

Roadliner, pretty sweet cruiser, almost geezer glide in ride and comfort.
I also set it up with Statoliner accessories short of the hard bags, tall wind shield, sissy bar with rack...
Heavier than the Warrior and a bit wider and longer.
I did not mod out the Roadliner.
As far as straight line performance, I believe the Warrior pulled harder and faster off the line and the Warrior is more nimble in the twisties.
As far as 1/4 mile times, I don’t know myself, only what I read.

In 2011, out of need for cash, I sold the Roadliner.

In 2017, I bought a used 2009 Warrior with just under 5k miles on her and thoroughly enjoying my decision.

If you are looking for straight line speed in a cruiser, consider the Vmax.
VMax is ugly 😂

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I bought a roadliner today. Has pipes and a powercommander ..,.seems to run HARD. Can’t wait to get em both out ASAP.

So far it feels like it’s pulling like a warrior but the seat makes it easier to hold on.

Handling I was really surprised how good the handling is.

I do like the warrior vibe and idle better.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Well I bought a roadliner today. Has pipes and a powercommander ..,.seems to run HARD. Can’t wait to get em both out ASAP.

So far it feels like it’s pulling like a warrior but the seat makes it easier to hold on.

Handling I was really surprised how good the handling is.

I do like the warrior vibe and idle better.
Yeah get them out to a road with a buddy and switch back and forth as it should be interesting.

I did that with my Raider and Warrior. Me and my brother went out and raced each other on both bikes......Raider won every time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts