RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This recall instructs you not to ride until the recall is completed. Yamaha states it will be April before all recall kits are at the dealers. Dealer states they now have over 50 bikes to do and the list is growing. The recall pays 9 hours and some dealer mechanics are saying it really takes about 13 hours as it requires a complete teardown. It will be months after they get the recall kits before they can get to many bikes. Recall was ordered in August 2003 and it could be as late as July/August 2004 until the recall on many bikes can be completed. That's up to a year the bike is out-of-service. Bike owners are making loan payments, insurance payments, loss of use, loss of value, etc. You also cannot sell the bike until the recall is completed. Yamaha should be held responsible. Lets start talking about a class action lawsuit. Anyone hear of any starting up or know any attorneys?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah... it's definitely hard to swallow. I've been making insurance and loan payments through winter and to think that I might have to wait for a recall seems like a lot of downtime.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Read the Recall link. Your not alone, till then drink a lot of milk it prevents ulcers.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you read your recall youll see that it says that "You should not ride". It does not say you cannot ride...Sounds like a recommendation to me...If you read another part of it..it wasnt their idea to recall but in accordance with the National Traffic Vehicle safety act. I doubt they wouldnt fix a bike that was ridden because of the recall...it just doesnt say that anywhere in the recall letter...What it does say is that you take a risk riding your bike until you have it repaired...At least thats my interpretation.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Yes, I'm Grumpy. I've got a bike I'm not supposed to ride, just like everybody else here.

It's his first post on a site that is I thought for people who like YAMAHA Warriors and want to share information and thoughts, tips, tricks, etc...

So he starts a post about the recall(it's been beaten to death already) and starts another "let's start a lawsuit against YAMAHA chant going". Wahoo, welcome to America, let's take everybody to court so everything costs twice as much as it already does. It's not the freakin answer answer for everything.

There are already plenty of strings about this, do we need another?

I'm sorry that I think a lawsuit for personal gains over something that is being dealt with already is pointless. But there are risks involved in everything you buy, eat, drink, touch, or go to. Anyone that rides a motorcycle has already asked to be killed by some dumbass driving a car or SUV, Has anyone had a lawsuit against the RMV for giving them a license, There is no warning on it that says you might get killed if you choose to ride.

I'll get off the soapbox now, just get it fixed when the parts come in and enjoy it. That's why you bought it right?

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I'm getting grumpy about this as well. You have no case on which to sue. Yamaha has admitted they may have made a huge mistake and have agreed to fix it. You cannot sue somebody for having things on backorder, otherwise you'd have to make everything yourself by hand, because no manufacturer could afford to do business.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bottom line is that we all will have to take it like men, and(women to be politically correct). I am sure Yamaha did not intend this to happen. My question is, What is the real risk to riding the bike before the correction? If there are any hard-core mechanics out there that understand exactly what the chance is that this piece of the tranny might break, please let us know. My plan is to play it conservative and start the bike and ride it at low speeds around the block a couple of times to make sure it is not just sitting until my Yamaha dealer can get it fixed.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
If I enter my VIN number, can you guys tell me if my bike is effected by this recall? This is the first I have heard about it....

Just kidding...

I'll shuddup now - Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts