RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone attend this? Or where I can get information on the ride or other activities?

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
My STAR riding chapter has been invited to act as VIP transport. From the briefing we received it seems like it is a HUGE charity ride with THOUSANDs ofmotorcycles. It starts around 8AM and everyone rolls out around 11 12. Last year it took the last bike over an hour to finally roll out there were so many bikes. Everyone rides to some memorial and they give speaches and plaques and recognition i think theres a concert then everyone disperses. Along with the thousabds of bikes, there are thousands of spectators along the route.

IMO unless you are there to pay tribute yourself, its probably going to be a pretty boring day. But thats just my opinion based on nothing but the 20 min breifing we received. I have never been tot he one in DC.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK5FxuWvakk

I hear the bikes get staged at the Pentagon at 8 am. They don't leave until 11-12. If it's a hot day you'll fry in that parking lot. A recent RT tally was quarter million plus. I hear some guys hang at Costco in Pentagon City and blend in about 12:30.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm actually heading over there for some r&r with the family and if i could tie the two together id smile ear to ear to the next big ride

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Arkansas Warrior said:
thanks for the link u ever been there? is it like bike week?

I live about 20-25 miles away from DC and see tons of bikes in my area when rolling thinder is in town. I have never been down there but from what I understand there are TONS of bikes. not really a party atmosphere like bikeweek though

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I went in 2003 right after 9/11 and it was one great adventure. I am not one to participate in a riding parade, but if you are, be prepared, bring a ton of water, cause it is hot in DC with all them motorcycles. I watched the parade for a bit, but we spent more time taking in the history of DC over hanging around motorcycles all day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts