RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another new guy here. Just recently sold my 2000 HD Fat Boy, I have owned HD for years and am tired of the same ol' crap from HD after it hits the 4 yr old mark, its been babied and pampered but still leaks oil no matter what you do, so now I'm in the market for a new bike. Guess which one? Good guess. Questions I have are many and hoping to get the answers here so please be kind to the new guy. I am into mods and have done lots to all my toyz but this time I may want to keep it down to a minimum. Looks mean everything to me more then performance this time and I'm not getting any younger so speed is behind me. After riding my first Road Star it has more power then any HD I have ever owned, even more then my last bike that had everything done to it that you could possibly do. Then there is the new or used question. I like the thought of buying used but not being familiar with the Road Star I am torn on which way to go. Warranty or not, abused if used, etc. any help in making a decision would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Always room at the Inn for another Warrior rider my friend. Welcome to the Crew and good luck with your search for a Warrior, DEFINATELY buy used, as you'll get the best price and probably a few mods already done. If it's Modding that you're into then you'll only be restricted by your imagination and the size of your wallet. Best of luck and welcome once again.

·
Registered
571 Posts
1st of all welcome to the forum. As far as looks go check out the gallery on this forum, there are alot of sweet bikes and it will give you a good idea of the potential that these bikes have.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
nobull60,

Welcome to the forums![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] Always room for another, even an ex-Harley rider...In my opinion, new is the way to go...Of course, once you start modding her...Out the window goes the warranty! So may be you should consider a used Warrior...Since you have prior motorcycle experience you should be able to tell, if its been abused or not.

Best of luck in your search...Of course, there is a wealth of knowledge here and ALL the answers to your questions, if you shuould need help.

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Welcome aboard, nobull60. I bought mine used - was patient and was able to find a 2002 stock with only 3200 miles. Used the money I saved by buying used on a few mods to make it 'mine' ! Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Welcome aboard. I vote for a new one. I like a fresh clean slate. But either way you are makeing a wise decision. I beleive a person should ride what suits his style not what has the right Badge!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Either new or used you can't lose with your decision. You can find some **** nice bikes barely used and save some cash. You can also try to find a carry over from the previous year and save some good cash, that's what I did, then I spent some of the money I saved on mods. I buy new, because I am a stickler for maintenance and I like to know the complete history of my bikes.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Plenty of room at this forum.
I bought mine used and it had several mods already done. I added additional mods with the lower initial cost.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome aboard. I would buy used, these bikes are dang near bulletproof and your past experience will tell you if its worth your money or not. The bike has not changed much since its intro in 2002 so the platform is well tested. Mods, as said allready you can make this bike from bone stock to a completly tricked out radical custom. There are many on here so go look in the galleries and see what you like. The best part of this bike is the ride, so get one and ride and then do what you want.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I bought new cuz there was a good deal on financing. Pros to buying new, you know the history of the bike. You can make it what you want from the ground up. Cons, you lose a grand the second you drive it off the lot. Pros for used, you can get it for less and it may have some goodies on it already. Cons, you dont know the history and you may want different goodies than what the last owner added to it. I guess the ultimate find would be a used stock bike with really low miles.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I bought mine new because that's all there was back then but I'd buy used if I had it to do over again. This bike is bullit proof just like they already said.
Then take the money you saved and mod your heart out. Check out the Warrior Modificatoins forum and the Gallery. There's everything from free to through the rood mods and pretty much any direction you want to take it.
I really can't think of any reason to buy new.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Welcome! I went used after shopping a bunch. I estimate I saved 4 to 5 grand over new, and the bike only had 3100 mi. Funny thing was, when we shook on the deal, the former owner told me not to worry if it took a few weeks to get the financing in place, because he was finally starting to enjoy it. I had his check the next day! He seemed kind of bummed, but to his credit he honored the handshake.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
quote:Originally posted by migsy

Welcome aboard, nobull60. I bought mine used - was patient and was able to find a 2002 stock with only 3200 miles. Used the money I saved by buying used on a few mods to make it 'mine' ! Good luck in your search.

Thats exactly what I did!! Welcome to the show..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts