RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
My wife does the vinyl decals and can definitely make them. Of course the final price would depend on size, but for a swimgarm decal around 9 x 2 would probably be around seven dollars. Would be less for a smaller size or more for bigger.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I will push this further. I just need to talk to a couple people.

AZ, would I be able to make 3 color choices for the swingarm like in the pics(chrome, white, black)

If the smaller decal like the one on the tach cover can be duplicated would I be able to add that aswell with 2 color choices(chrome, black)?

·
Administrator
28,419 Posts
Before I ask, here are a couple wonderings.

Are there minimums for each run?
Are decals for curved surfaces made differently?
What is the decal's expected lifetime?
What are each decal's dimensions?
How many of each will sell in the Group Buy?

Maybe these answers will help get a couple quotes. And that would help us all decide how many we would commit to buy in a Group Buy.

Between members already posting here in this thread I think these can be answered.

Once you decide which you want to make, and how many, I will ask. If they are mostly all pre-sold then I think it wilk be okay.

One other thing. I wonder if the pictured decals in the OP were all official or maybe done by Sean before the Forum ownership change. I will paste them to Admin and ask if they have that artwork.
DONE.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Before I ask, here are a couple wonderings.

Are there minimums for each run?
Are decals for curved surfaces made differently?
What is the decal's expected lifetime?
What are each decal's dimensions?
How many of each will sell in the Group Buy?

Maybe these answers will help get a couple quotes. And that would help us all decide how many we would commit to buy in a Group Buy.

Between members already posting here in this thread I think these can be answered.

Once you decide which you want to make, and how many, I will ask. If they are mostly all pre-sold then I think it wilk be okay.

One other thing. I wonder if the pictured decals in the OP were all official or maybe done by Sean before the Forum ownership change. I will paste them to Admin and ask if they have that artwork.
DONE.
Ok.

I think we're almost ready to move forward with this group buy. But we need the Original print for the swing arm decal as they tried to replicate it. The smaller decal on the tach cover was made and is pretty close to the original and can be available.
Maybe you can see if they have the smaller original print aswell?

There's no minimum for each decal and I'm thinking of 50 for the smaller design and 50 for the longer design.

Colors do have different life spans and I'm sure it depends on the elements aswell.
Black and white have a 6 year life and the colors have 4 year.

Oracal 651 vinyl is the decal material.

Swingarm decals would be 9"x2"
Smaller decals 4"x 1 3/4"

These can go over curved surfaces like the tack cover but like anything there's always limits as there not cut differently then use for flat surfaces.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ok.

Oracal 651 vinyl is the decal material.

rij1, better using Oracal 751.... it's a thinner vinyl and has a 7 year life in all colours.... That's what I use most of the time.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
rij1, better using Oracal 751.... it's a thinner vinyl and has a 7 year life in all colours.... That's what I use most of the time.

Ok, we're checking in on that better vinyl. We were looking on the cost of each but this will still be in range we believe.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ok, we're checking in on that better vinyl. We were looking on the cost of each but this will still be in range we believe.

Cool... it's not much more expensive, if at all.. and it's less brittle than the 651.

·
Administrator
28,419 Posts
I asked Admin to e-send you the artwork. Please alert me if you do not get it by Monday. It cannot be shared except one-run by sending it to a printer you have selected.

Ok.
I think we're almost ready to move forward with this group buy. But we need the Origina!l print for the swing arm decal as they tried to replicate it.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I asked Admin to e-send you the artwork. Please alert me if you do not get it by Monday. It cannot be shared except one-run by sending it to a printer you have selected.
Ok. I will let you know. How about the 2nd print? The smaller one pictured on the tach cover. We're you able to get info as if they have that artwork aswell?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Awhile back Admin let me know they were sending you what ever artwork they have. Did you receive it yet?
I haven't received info yet. Would it be through here in the messages or through email?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I sent Admin a ping asking them again to contact you for sending you the decal artwork. You can give them the email address you want. Safer.
I have been contacted and I just sent a reply back to Admin. Waiting on format to design now.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 61 Posts