RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
CarKnee said:
Are you telling your browser to not cache anything thereby forcing your browser to download every image/js/css for every page load?
Nah, I cache the static files always. Today, I was not able to access the forums for hours, they just came online now. I think you did some tweaking.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I'm getting 'page not available' and the reply function takes significantly longer than a couple of weeks ago. That's in N.CO.

Just tried to load a picture from a thread and it loads as if it were dial-up in 6 or 8 stages.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
TECK said:
CarKnee said:
Are you telling your browser to not cache anything thereby forcing your browser to download every image/js/css for every page load?
Nah, I cache the static files always. Today, I was not able to access the forums for hours, they just came online now. I think you did some tweaking.

Site has been down for several hours today, it just came back on. We are definately having server issues lately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You definitely do not have a 54 Mbps connection to the Internet. I would guess that you have wireless internet? That 54 Mbps is your connection speed to the device that is providing you the internet, aka the wireless router (Qwest probably installed a dsl modem/wireless router combo in your house). That is a 802.11g speed so with DSL your actual internet speed is probably much closer to 1.5 - 3 Mbps. Although a 54 Mbps speed would be fun!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
CarKnee, your host should display a maintenance page, so we know they are working on the site. Today, the site was down for at least 3 hours, just came back on now.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
just fyi...

Just from where I sit in massachusetts, the site was not even accessable from last night until just this morning for me....and at the moment miserably slow.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
AlanH said:
Where is this feature or TAB selectable for the cacheunder Internet Explorer 7.0 so that i can check mine?
Click on "Tools" in the menu bar, then on "Internet Options". A box will pop up with a number of tabs -- click on the "General" tab. You will see a section on this page called "Temporary Internet Files" with a number of buttons, including "Delete Cookies", "Delete Files", and "Settings". Click on the "Settings" button, and a new box will pop up with a number of adjustable settings. Where it says "Check for newer versions of stored pages", make sure the "every visit to the page" option is not selected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, this is messed up. I have not been able to log into my account for hours. Actually 48 of them in a row using Fire Fox. So I created a gchalifotest account and still no go.

So, I just now tried using IE 8.0 and I'm in.

So is there a fir fox setting that is messing me up. I cleared the cache to see if that helped and no go.

So I now need to go and try my regular gchalifo account to see if I can get it with IE 8 and I will update. Somthing smells like fish!!!! and it's not my lunch.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Yup. switching from fire fox to IE 8 did it.

So I'm running fire fox v3.5.3 if that makes any differance.

I am going to try to update it and see if that makes any diff. more to come./g

*** no diff. with FF 3.5.8. **** using IE now.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I use Firefox too . . . have done for a couple of years....but this problem with finding the server for RSW has only appeared in the last couple of weeks.

Not really experienced it much before - but it seems to be happening almost every day now at one point or another.

I usually prefer not to use IE. Will I need to start using it for this site? ...... Hope not!

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
seems others are using fire fox with no issues so I wouldn't bail on FF yet. Got to be some setting at my end I assume if I figure it out I'll post up.

g

·
Registered
883 Posts
i couldn't log in using FF either. I'm on a mac and tried it using safari and i'm in fine. but really don't wanna switch programs around. guess i'll check in a couple of days on FF and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Rswarrior.com has been extremely slow for me for days now ...25 seconds to load a page and that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
8,759 Posts
bruce59 said:
Rswarrior.com has been extremely slow for me for days now ...25 seconds to load a page and that sort of thing.
+1 ... and it's not Temp Internet files or my browser.... empty pages when using links etc ... lost posts and pm's that don't go through

21 - 40 of 45 Posts