RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warriors brothers and sisters, what’s the general guidance / suggestion to use this forum vs. the “Yamaha Roadstar Warrior” Facebook group?

Sorry for the newbie question but I’m trying to use the right tools:cool:

·
Administrator
28,975 Posts
If using your phone you can use the enhanced mobile view. When you need access to all the tools and knowledgebase then change to forum view. Its more bandwidth but it gives you lots of power to connect and get help.

Join some conversations and get ten good posts under your belt then you can post pics which gives you even better ways to get help.

Have fun and check the forum rules in the welcome mat forum. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
First of all welcome.
The Facebook group is like watching a 30 minute reality TV show this forum is like getting a college degree.
The amount of knowledge here and experience is immeasurable.
If you want to just ask questions and have answers given to you stick with the Facebook group. But if you're willing to do a little reading and research you'll find almost every question you can ask it's already been have to answer before on here. Spend a couple hours digging through the popular mods database and the repair how to section. You'll be full of inspiration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome to the best source of information for the Warrior.
Some people don't like the search function in the forum, but you can use Google.com and include rswarrior.com in the search string (LMGTFY), then you will find all the information You'll need.
The FB groups may give you a lot of answers, but the forum is the best place (so far, it's 16 years questions and answer saved here, in FB a question is forgotten after a couple of hours).

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
And not everybody's on Facebook like me and a number of other members

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum and remember the search function is your friend. Also check out the gremlin link in my signature block. Like suggested the forum is like a huge data base with all the warrior information contained within as well as a lot of knowledgeable owners who can help with any questions or problems you may have. Many of the forum members are also on facebook but a lot are not. I recently joined facebook but find that most questions asked on facebook have already been answered here. I find that sometimes it is harder to find what you are looking for on facebook but the guys and gals there also try to help as much as possible but it is a lot easier to get off topic on facebook and when a question is asked the subject often gets changed before the answer is found or if you post an answer to as specific problem one day the question comes back the next day and the next as people don't see the previous posts. I prefer the forum however that is just an old timers point of view

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
RSWARRIOR IS MY GO TO FOR EVERYTHING..

I'M NOT ON FACEBOOK

BUT TIRED IT OUT ONCE WITH MY SON'S FB AND FOUND IT HARD TO GET ANYWHERE...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the forum and remember the search function is your friend. Also check out the gremlin link in my signature block. Like suggested the forum is like a huge data base with all the warrior information contained within as well as a lot of knowledgeable owners who can help with any questions or problems you may have. Many of the forum members are also on facebook but a lot are not. I recently joined facebook but find that most questions asked on facebook have already been answered here. I find that sometimes it is harder to find what you are looking for on facebook but the guys and gals there also try to help as much as possible but it is a lot easier to get off topic on facebook and when a question is asked the subject often gets changed before the answer is found or if you post an answer to as specific problem one day the question comes back the next day and the next as people don't see the previous posts. I prefer the forum however that is just an old timers point of view
+1
This is a great summary of the difference. Nice job christok.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
More often than not the answers you seek have been answer here various times with good in-depth explanations as to how and why. On Facebook you might get the answer, you might get a wrong or even the right answer but not the in depth knowledge as to how or why. Plus plenty of drama of Facebook....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are awesome (and I just found a way to monitor my posts in the forum.. that's why it took so long for me to reply :| ).

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
For me the Forum will always be the place for sensible informative and accurate information. Unfortunately for me my work computer and work phone have forums such as RSW locked out due to security. FB is fine for catching up on stuff for sale and helping some newbies but the main reason for me on FB is to direct them to RSW for accurate info. There is some good guys on there that are also members, but there are others that have no idea about the forum or don't like it due to the rules an such. Then there is show ponies with their own FB video channels (haha) no disrespect GD, and nice respectable guys asking simple questions that they need answered quickly. i think they both have their place and GD is doing a great job keeping new guys interested with videos and pictures. The two are like comparing a steak to a Mac burger, one has substance that will last.

Heff

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find the forum more useful. Here you can find the answer to your personal questions. Btw, are they on Telegram or Instagram?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Facebook format is a bit outdated, and the page is not very informative. I bet this forum is the best source for the Yamaha Warrior. It is a large database with a big number of users and a huge amount of information concerning the warrior. So, here you can find the answer to any question that interests you. Also, you can find them on Instagram as well. Even though it is a good editor, it focuses on visual content mostly. For this purpose it has many other helpful tools that you can find here igautolike.com. Maybe you'll find this platform more entertaining than the others, though, it depends on your interests.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts