RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i may be wrong here but tell me wat u think we have just had a american guy start at work who is a ment to be a top notch harley mechanic and engine builder no problem with that i like harleys just fine except the price tag. so anyway i decide to do the rite thing and invite him round for a beer and bbq within 5 mins of being there he starts to stare at me and my mates warriors and telling us how un impressive they are compared to a harley from a performance and build quality point of view WTF. so he kept on and it just got worse in the end he had to leave befor somthin bad happened your thoughts ?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I would of challenged him in front of everyone - put your money where your mouth is jerk otherwise shut the f&ck up.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
+1
put up or shut up.

You might want to give him some HD facts:

Did you know that 95% of all HD's ever made are still on the road today?

The other 5% made it home.

Sucks them in everytime

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool so i wasnt alone in my way of thinkin i told him to bring it on the worst part is when he talks about harleys hes talkin like s&s 124 motors and *** not stock crap if i big bore my ride itd give any of them a freakin good run i reckon smoke v-rods now oh yeah he didnt belive that either. i like harleys just fine like i said but i cant see the sence in spending 30k on a night train for instance then spending anothe 20k to make it go any good. i got no problem with different opinions but you dont rock up to another dudes shed and start baggin his ride weather you like it or not. especially when that guy got you a job and visa sponsorshit as a favor to someone. makes me wild just talkin about it

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
You should have asked him why he figured that the Warrior ruled the AMA ProStar Hot Rod Cruiser Class of drag racing for 5 consecutive years !!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im sure hed havesome excuse iv worked on a crap load of street and drag harleys and dollar for dollar im keepin my warrior may buy a raider when they get here but no hd for me and even then im still keepin my warrior theres nothin like them i say

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
There's one in every crowd. Just tell him you didn't want to look likea "poser". Remind him that right out of the box the "V-Rod" is the only bike Harley makes that will beat the Warrior and most Harley guys don't recognize it as a true Harley. Also remind him that you can purchase a new Warrior and with the money you save by not buying the V-Rod you can mod the engine to beat it.

Last but not least, prove it to him. You need to make him look bad to shut him up.

PS: Did he start bad-mouthingthe Warrior before or after his third beer?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Being where you are I would have said "Too bad the Yank company couldnt firgure it out themselves. You would think they would have the know how... but I guess they dont know how to build a fast bike, so they hired the Germans" and finish with " if they where smart, they would quite being smug and pair up with a Jap company and rule the biking world. I guess they dont need the money though since there are always wankers who will pay more for a label."

·
Registered
661 Posts
I haven't seen or done it all by any stretch, but, I've dealt with a few co-workers in the Air Force and with the Sheriff's Office over the last 25 years! I've seen people come and go. My point is, I've looked at new people and thought "Man, this guy is sharp, he'll go far" and he doesn't last 2 weeks. I've seen some new people and thought "What a big mouth jerk, he ain't gonna make it" and they turn out to be the best co-worker you could ask for. So, sit back and and hold judgment for a bit. Doesn't matter if he's Black, White, Asian, American, or Aussie, a jerk is a jerk in ANY language!

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
+1 to Ruckus.

What works for me with that type of personality, is just to smile knowingly, and quietly nod my head to everything they say to acknowledge that you heard them speaking, looking them in the eye un-nerves them and then wait on the conversation to end and as they are walking away laugh and shake my head, mouthing the words, "What a dumbass." just loud enough for them to hear.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yep, there's one in every crowd.

Doesn't matter what the story is.

Who is right who is wrong.

There's no reason to offend people.

I can't be bothered with people like that any more. I just feel sorry for them and get on with my own life. What goes around comes around.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Maybe give him a break one time. Maybe he's got'stranger in a strange land' syndrom. Maybe that's how he is when he gets nervous meeting new people. Maybe you'll find he regrets his social error. But if not, lets all chant at the moon andbrew upvampires and gobblins to take care of him for you
Oh wait Halloween is over . . .

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Politely agree with him, concede that HDs are beautiful works of art, just the Mona Lisa or the Sistine Chapel; only not as fast. Follow that with; I’d own one too but I don’t need a rocking chair. Then finally finish off the conversation with, “So which one do you have?” No matter what he responds say, “That’s a nice bike. My <insert 1: wife, mother, sister, girlfriend, grandpa, grandma> wants the same one”.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I cant believe this hasnt been recommended....

Next time your sittin around the shop and you got a couple minutes, say "Hey, hop on the HD over there and lets go for a spin."

Then, pull far far away from him. Stop. Wait for him to catch up.

I am sure he will have excuses, but he will have humility and respect too.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I'm betting he threw up all that bs because he was just uncomfortable or has self-esteem problems that meeting new people made worse. Give it some awkward silence when he starts up and he'll probably notice that he's not earning any "I'm brilliant and a bad ass" points with any of you. Depending on the setting I would have walked away (in noticeable disgust) or given him the option of putting a lid on it or leaving ESPECIALLY if I was the one to get him the job and visa and all that. No way would I let him keep on without letting him know it isn't going to work out like that. Chances are as long as you do SOMETHING he'll understand and correct it but if you don't he'll likely assume it's acceptable and continue on.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Simple, Don't sweat it. Just invite him on the next Warrior Ride.

Just make sure you get a good number of warriors turn up and smoke his ass all over town.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts