RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, can anybody help? When my 03 warrior acts odd, in any gear, 1000 to 2000 rpms, feels like only one cylinder is firing and very low power. 2000 rpms and up, it runs like a scalded dog. any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Hey bro. .
If you post any and all mods done to bike
We can be of more help...

Have you done anything to it lately?.?

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
hi guys, can anybody help? When my 03 warrior acts odd, in any gear, 1000 to 2000 rpms, feels like only one cylinder is firing and very low power. 2000 rpms and up, it runs like a scalded dog. any suggestions?
If it is indeed all stock then (1) write down the VIN directly off the steering neck and call a Yamaha dealer to ask if all recalls were completed. (2) while waiting check if the coil primary wires are fully plugged-in by gently removing and replacing each spade connector one at a time. (3) pull the spark plug boots off the spark plugs one at a time and gently thread the boot clockwise onto the wire to be certain connection is good.

If all recalls are done and the wires above are secure then let us know. No sense going deeper into it yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, there were no recalls, and the plug wires were loose, but after tightening them, there was no change on how it runs, Any other suggestions? Thanx brother!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot, I will be buying vbak, what injectors are best. also better exhaust system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been a Harley man since "80", so I know zero about yamaha's. When idling, is it normal to sound like only one cylinder is firing?

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
No. Warm idle spec is 850~950rpm to support generator and oil pump. There are several ways to verify both jugs are firing. The stock coils have embedded spark plug wires so have to remove the boot off the spark plug if you test that way. Or pull one plug from each jug and ground (and remove the other two spark plug wires so it will not start) and observe for spark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts