RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the bike covered for 4 days, and it rained 2 of those days. Now I see rust on the rear brake rotor that I don't remember seeing before. What is the best way to safely remove the rust?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
hopefully if it's just the area the pads rub - then give her a ride out and all will be well - i get it on mine on the front rotor, as she lives out under a cover that leaves the wheel slightly exposed and damp gets to the iron if left for even a few days - it's my excuse for getting out and about even in the winter... 'gotta give the rotors a shine luv wont be long......

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I agree, that you probably just need to use it a bit, and all will be well. I've even noticed this on my car -- rotors sometimes turn a gold rust color immediately after washing. Take it for a short drive, and it's all good.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
experience and high levels of hardware knowledge

far to keen there AZ - you now you've never seen rust near or on ya bike! so get back in that garage - remember...wrench post pics... wrench post pics....

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
This condition requires experience and high levels of hardware knowledge. For the price of airfare I'll fly over and de-rust them for you. It'll only take me a couple hours . . . or maybe a long day . . . honest . . .
You get a good laugh at my lack of mechanical knowledge!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Sin_City_Warrior said:
Arizona Warrior said:
This condition requires experience and high levels of hardware knowledge. For the price of airfare I'll fly over and de-rust them for you. It'll only take me a couple hours . . . or maybe a long day . . . honest . . .

na... he's just wanting a ride on the darkside
[always knewAZ wanted a midnite...any excuse lol] - it's me goading AZ on your thread, 'sorry for that'.. but AZ's ment to be wrenching this winter -he hasloads of mods to do, and he promised proper pics of the work [the L&M was good but we need more!! or i'll turn the telly on] - seriously...it is scary how fast rust can appear on untreated iron, and then the rotor bolts start to stain...wish i'd got stainless ones like i had on the bandit

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tomba said:
Sin_City_Warrior said:
Arizona Warrior said:

na... he's just wanting a ride on the darkside
[always knewAZ wanted a midnite...any excuse lol] - it's me goading AZ on your thread, 'sorry for that'.. but AZ's ment to be wrenching this winter -he hasloads of mods to do, and he promised proper pics of the work [the L&M was good but we need more!! or i'll turn the telly on] - seriously...it is scary how fast rust can appear on untreated iron, and then the rotor bolts start to stain...wish i'd got stainless ones like i had on the bandit
AZ knows I'm joking, he gives me good advice and seems to always put his 2cents in on any topic he's got info about. Plus he wants a Midnight.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Sin_City_Warrior said:
he gives me good advice and seems to always put his 2cents in on any topic he's got info about.

you've noticed too - lets us kick info about for awhile using phrases like - ...hopefully one of the experts will chime in.....and then just at the last bell in comes AZ with the gold on the end of the rainbow lol

Sin_City_Warrior said:
Plus he wants a Midnight.

funny i heard that rumour too ...hmmmm [rumour HQ over an out]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts