RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the exhaust system is the Vance & Hines big radius system the flange on the cylinder towards the back that face is outward has rust on it and the bolt as well I'm going to go to Yamaha to buy brand new bolts but I'm trying to figure out how to resolve the rusty flange I called Vance and Hines to see if they had flanges that I can possibly use to replace. But they don't make parts for this bike anymore or the exhaust systems. You guys have any suggestions to try to bring this flange back to life or at least cover it up with some sort of paint??
Or have Jesse James phone number lol

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I used to have Jesse James' phone number but after Sandra split with him, I ended up on her side so I deleted his info. I'll ask Sandra to see if she still knows how to get in touch with him.

Just in case I can't help with that, I'd suggest doing some rust removal processing and then painting it with some high heat paint. The flanges can't really be replaced due to their design. The only way to remove them is to cut off the ends of the pipe then reweld it once the new flanges are installed so that's a non-starter for most.

·
Administrator
29,665 Posts
Take the entire uninstalled exhaust to a job shop for baking soda blast of the flanges only. With luck those flanges should come clean enough to look good. Be sure the old gaskets are out and the exhaust port gasket surfaces are clean, then use new Warrior OEM exhaust gaskets. One each hole, do not stack two in a hole. The Warrior OEM gasket is slightly larger OD than the aftermarket ones. That fills the void so keeps water out of the recess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just be sure to work lightly. The flanges look crummy if all scratched up.

Are those flanges stainless? Or chromed carbon steel? I don't recall how V&H builds 'em.
I believe the inside is stainless with chrome for the outside shield all the way out if that makes sense ...i might just paint it black after i clean...
I ordered the bolts today but ima wait on the exhaust gaskets for a bit since they are 15 bucks a piece ...
i wanna make sure i have everything before i open her up ...only 12000 miles on this 2007 but I think the last guy lived near a ocean ...when i changed the oil i see a after market oil filter hi flow brand so synthetic may have been used but i changed it with normal yamalube 1040 and a K & N oil filter ...just so i can start fresh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts