1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sheesh, they’ve nearly doubled since then! Anyone have a good lead on getting these belts back around the $150 price range? Otherwise will just pull the trigger on the Amazon link above for $250

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
Sheesh, they’ve nearly doubled since then! Anyone have a good lead on getting these belts back around the $150 price range? Otherwise will just pull the trigger on the Amazon link above for $250
Well.... it has been 11 years. Not sure how much that specific belt is still used (on new models) so it might be a relic of older bike models meaning smaller production runs these days resulting in higher costs. Or inflation. Or greedy corporations. Or a little bit of all the above (most likely scenario). But you've got me curious so I'mma go look around to see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
$227 through Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/S-S-Cycl...Final-Drive-Belt-1-1-8in-14mm-130-T/172968309

$234 through Revzilla: S&S Rear Drive Belt For Harley Custom Applications | 10% ($25.99) Off! - RevZilla

Everywhere else seems to be about $20 more. If you don't NEED one right now, you could always keep an eye out for one on eBay. I picked up a new, in-package, OEM one for $60 about 6 months ago to have as a spare just incase I snap mine. Also bought a belt tension gage to make sure I don't snap it. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Looked through my Amazon history and I paid $178 in 2018. FYI

Reactions: tomba and GTBrandon

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's worth it. In fact if you are good at setting-up a belt (tension and alignment) then it will last many many many years, as proven around here on this Beast. The belt also fits other mc's. Notably a generation of softails.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
wow ... thats pricey ... but i used pay 100 plus every 5000 miles odd for chain and sprocket on an extreme 1200 bandit so yes doubled but as we get 20 k miles or so depending on throttle addiction and if your unlikey with a stone moment having removed the stone guard ... ill not complain ... i have a spare i carry for euro trips

6 of us changed gav's broken belt in half an hour at services in france once ... thankfully we found a small wooden pallet we adapted quickly to support the back of the bike ... we did have all the tools amongst us and some good knowledge

i still believe the s&s belt is the best for the warrior

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
When my last belt broke (at 58k) i had t get back on the road quick... so that new belt cost me €500 with fitting.. makes €270 seem a small price t pay for some peace of mind (at 100+k)
ouch ... ouch ... ouch ... sheesh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts